1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GP0714
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GP, i would like to store some things in it generally -
Car Charger?
Maybe a jacket?

things like that - However, other than the doors, under the steering column and passenger side

and the TINY compartments in the back, there isnt anywhere to put anything

I understand having some form of boot enclosure or whatever will be weighty, people, post your ideas.

Oh and if anyone can supply a cheap Mini storage net, i would be greatly appreciative

Thanks

Ric Glancy

P.S Driving from Manchester to London on 29th to see how my fuel consumption goes.....

:)

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
you could get the luggage compartment tray, it raises the floor level of the boot to be flush wiht the seats when they're down and has three compartments underneath the lid.

edit... but... it's £120.... (i'm still getting one though so that i have a flat boot space)

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
I use a similar box but from a local diy place for £2.99 doesn't fill all the way across but soooooooo cheap it's great

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've got oneof these
Its a lot cheaper from a MINI dealer, I think I paid arounf £50 inc discount about 2 years ago when I got my GP .
The dividers are useful but have a habit of dislogding themselves if all the compartments are not packed equally well, Apart from that its really useful and keeps everything tidy
i have the same one-got it off ebay
Just out of curiosity though- does your lid sit flush on top of the box as mine doesn't- the box seems to be too small for the lid!
so the lid just seems to fly off when you brake or go around a corner!
Have you had this issue Goonery?
thanks
matt

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
i have the same one-got it off ebay
Just out of curiosity though- does your lid sit flush on top of the box as mine doesn't- the box seems to be too small for the lid!
so the lid just seems to fly off when you brake or go around a corner!
Have you had this issue Goonery?
thanks
matt
Its not a snug fit but it sits well within the lid opening and does not move around normally. The box itself is pretty flexible without the dividers in, I've put velcro strips on mine to anchor the dividers better and it makes the box itself more rigid as they act as semi permanent cross braces across the whole thing.
You can take them out for stowing larger items as needed.

Maybe apply some gentle heat with an electric paint stripper gun or something like that to adjust the box to lid aperture fit so that it fits better :confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Its not a snug fit but it sits well within the lid opening and does not move around normally. The box itself is pretty flexible without the dividers in, I've put velcro strips on mine to anchor the dividers better and it makes the box itself more rigid as they act as semi permanent cross braces across the whole thing.
You can take them out for stowing larger items as needed.

Maybe apply some gentle heat with an electric paint stripper gun or something like that to adjust the box to lid aperture fit so that it fits better :confused:
good call on the heat gun, will try that
thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
I also use a cheap plastic box from B & Q with lid and a bungee to hold it in place! Covered with a black cover from my wifes Jeep to hide it. Works a treat and easy to remove. :D

Anything bigger just gets thrown in the back and allowed to rattle around!! Those dings in the plastic seem to multiply on a daily basis!! Golf clubs really make a mess, bit like my game.:(

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got oneof these
Its a lot cheaper from a MINI dealer, I think I paid arounf £50 inc discount about 2 years ago when I got my GP .
The dividers are useful but have a habit of dislogding themselves if all the compartments are not packed equally well, Apart from that its really useful and keeps everything tidy
Is there a mini part number? I'm trying to locate this but haven't had any luck. Also the one in the link has the british flag printed on it. Can you get it in plain black?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Is there a mini part number? I'm trying to locate this but haven't had any luck. Also the one in the link has the british flag printed on it. Can you get it in plain black?
the top is reversible, so you can have black or the flag showing;)

have a look on RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog they might have the part number, or if not try calling Chris at Woodmans, and he'll know the item you want and also give a discount on it:)

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
if not try calling Chris at Woodmans, and he'll know the item you want and also give a discount on it:)
i asked chris about one last month, his forums price was £108 (plus £10 postage to NI, but if you're near you could pick it up)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts