MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just received delivery of a 59 plate Mini Cooper D and all is good, however.. I've noticed a weird noise when starting up the car when "cold"... The noise disappears after a bit but its very weird...

Any ideas?

Im currently contacting the dealer to get it looked at but I thought Id ask here...

Recording of the noise can be gotten from this video clip attached

thanks all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Chirping noise is due to the drive belts on the pulley, as they wear and get shiny they can sometimes make that noise, my Freelander 2 makes the same noise goes when fully warmed up and has been like that for 20000 miles, does no harm.
Dealer says nothing to bother about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chirping noise is due to the drive belts on the pulley, as they wear and get shiny they can sometimes make that noise, my Freelander 2 makes the same noise goes when fully warmed up and has been like that for 20000 miles, does no harm.
Dealer says nothing to bother about.
Yup spot on . I took it back to the dealer (after a week) and they replaced a belf (fan belt or alternator belt) , and the chirping noise has pretty much gone.. There still is one, but its very quiet and goes within 5mins so Im guessing its one of the other belts.

thanks for chipping in tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts