MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I finally got my new MCS (check out my gallery :D) and im LOVING it. One of the first things I noticed are these weird spots on the back of the glass plate of the temperature control. :confused:

It looks kinda like some liquid got behind there and then dried up onto the glass. How do I clean it since its behind the glass?

I attached an image, anyone know how to remedy this?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah theres no plastic film covering it. I think they removed it before shipping it to me. Theres also these strips on my white alloys, kinda looks like tape was on it for a long time or something and oil got smeared onto it or something. photo attached.

How can I get these off? Wheel cleaner and a brush?

I also attached a better view of the spots.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just my 2 cents.... I think you shouldn't be removing anything! THE DEALER SHOULD BE! I'm surprised the dealer let it out the door with the wheel looking as it does. The temp control may be missed if not looked at carefully, but still it should be the dealer to make it right.

If your close enough to your dealer I would definitely bring it up with them and have them take the necessary steps to correct the problems. My dealer took care of several items with out hassle after delivery. Everything was covered by the standard bumper-to-bumper warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in California, but i bought mine in Missouri, theres a dealer near where I work in the San Jose area, they'll take care of it for me right?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yip, you can take it anywhere. I've had mine worked on in N. CA., Concord, which is where I bought it then Houston, Dallas, and Oklahoma City. It might be harder to get some other dealers to do some work, but if you have problems have them call your original dealer. They normally can make things right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts