MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Mini Cooper with just over 50,000 miles on the clock and recently have noticed a vibration when accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear, between 1,000 and 2,000 revs. It then disappears above 2000 revs and accelerates normally. I have had my gearbox and clutch replaced less than 10,000 miles ago paid by Mini. Does anyone have an idea what this might be?

·
T o t a l m i n i . c o m
4,467 Posts
Might be the exhaust brakets!!
When I was buying me old Cooper I had the dealer change it as it was rattling:D
Hope this is some help:):)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Is it a metallic rattle? I have the same, but haven't looked into it to be honest. Keep us updated!

PS - How come you had your gearbox and clutch replaced? I have a 2003 MCS with about 46K on the clock, so a little worried now...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds more like a plastic vibration to be honest but it is hard to tell. Really it is just a vibration and is really annoying because it just appeared.

I had my gearbox and clutch replaced because one day after a 200 mile + journey I heard a banging noise and had it checked out by my dealer. They drove it and checked the gearbox and found metal pieces in the oil. The clutch was heavily worn and the gearbox was shredded. However it still drove perfectly. The dealer said this was strange especially since I had only done about 42,000 miles. It was replaced and Mini paid for the gearbox, clutch and labour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts