MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new noise has recently appeared in my 52 Cooper. It seems to be coming from the right hand side of the dash, near the drivers seat. It is a kind of quiet whirring or hissing sound which rises and falls as the accelerator is pressed and released.

It's only really audible when driving along, so hard to tie down. I wondered whether it is something to do with the drive-by-wire throttle ? It's not a major problem at the moment, I just hope it isnt a precursor to something big going wrong !

Anyone had the same problem, or have any idea what it could be ?

Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
58 Posts
thrud said:
A new noise has recently appeared in my 52 Cooper. It seems to be coming from the right hand side of the dash, near the drivers seat. It is a kind of quiet whirring or hissing sound which rises and falls as the accelerator is pressed and released.

It's only really audible when driving along, so hard to tie down. I wondered whether it is something to do with the drive-by-wire throttle ? It's not a major problem at the moment, I just hope it isnt a precursor to something big going wrong !

Anyone had the same problem, or have any idea what it could be ?

Cheers, Paul
it may be the electric motor for the power steering?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.