MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent had a poke at a new dashboard yet but i fear a friend will be contacting em very soon with their new CooperS.

Anyone a decent guide on stripping back the dash to get at the stereo to search for a telemute lead on the car's loom.

I see newministuff.com do a telemute loom and instructions pack for £45 but having fitted hundreds of kits in past years, connecting 4 cables isnt a great fear. The £45 patch lead wouldnt pause a CD either, itd keep going in silence, which is a bit of a pet hate.

Thanks

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
So how are you going to pause the CD player then by connecting 4 cables?

If you buy the kit from Mikey then you get details on how to fit it and have no need to splice anything;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how are you going to pause the CD player then by connecting 4 cables?

If you buy the kit from Mikey then you get details on how to fit it and have no need to splice anything;)
IF the mini's stereo has a telemute function it will mute the stereo in any case cd/radio/ipod but it will also be set up to pause the cd/ipod if playing as opposed to just muting. Its stereo wizardry, not mine. The telemute lead from Mikey i assume is, or is very much like, an autoleads effort which is in theory just an automatic giant mute button - which however would unlikely mute any externally amplified speakers or subwoofers.

So...dash removal?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts