MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Thanks.
The engine is now back together and all seems well .
The other probem however is still there.
The stop start is not working .
The fault was recorded as the brake servo pressure valve .
A new BMW/Mini part has been fitted and the cleared .
After a 40 mile drive today the stop start did not operate .
There are no faults showing after another scan.
Originally the stop start symbol would come on the dash with an explanation mark when you stoped .
This would then go out and a warning triangle would stay on untill the engine was switched off.
Any ideas.
how old is the battery. how was battery unplugged while working on car might need recode back to ecu or ecu has picked up the battery getting weak, or battery is tad low while been off road, ie recharge over night see if car plays nice again, at least re code battery to car to rule it out very common with battery unplugged for system to need it, would do that before putting battery on it.
also would question what diagnostics platform used to scan it as some will not pick up some codes,

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now its getting hot I've noticed the air con is not blowing cold ,can that effect the stop start ?
I have booked it in to Mini to have the air-con re gassed and checked for leaks and the stop start check with the Mini diagnostic computer .
I have also had the full geometry checks done and although it drove straight the geometry was all out .
It has now all been readjusted .

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Now its getting hot I've noticed the air con is not blowing cold ,can that effect the stop start ?
I have booked it in to Mini to have the air-con re gassed and checked for leaks and the stop start check with the Mini diagnostic computer .
I have also had the full geometry checks done and although it drove straight the geometry was all out .
It has now all been readjusted .
if theres are fault codes stored the start stop will not work, as for aircon they reckon 10% of gasses are lost per year so on 10 years its all gone should hopefully be a regas service and fine again, need to get diagnoses done see what you have

21 - 23 of 23 Posts