MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a titanium STRUT BRACE/BAR from Max Motorsports in Hongkong 2 weeks ago for my Cooper s. The strut bar that I bought from Perry of MaxMotors does not mount well into my MCS. The cross bar is hitting the cover of the (ECU) control unit on the right side portion.

Is this the correct strut bar for the Cooper S? (straight) If I take off the cover then there would be a possibility to mount it. But I do not feel comfortable doing that, as it will expose the wires and electronics during rain to water. I have attached a photo of the brace i wanted, but ended up with another model. The portion hitting the Control Unit is beside the air intake filter.

What do you suggest I do? Has any one mounted this type on a MCS? Any experience on this matter? NOTE: IF COVER MODIFICATION IS POSSIBLE, HOW DID YOU DO IT? Please mail me at; [email protected]

Thank you.

//Derick Gamboa
Manila Philippines :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
no pic attached??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Had this before on a car previous to the MCS when fitting the strut bar. I had to mod the top of the ECU box, and then reseal with waterproof tape for piece of mind. I cannot tell how much yours needs modding though :confused:

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
manilaman2001 said:
I bought a titanium STRUT BRACE/BAR from Max Motorsports in Hongkong 2 weeks ago for my Cooper s. The strut bar that I bought from Perry of MaxMotors does not mount well into my MCS. The cross bar is hitting the cover of the (ECU) control unit on the right side portion.

Is this the correct strut bar for the Cooper S? (straight) If I take off the cover then there would be a possibility to mount it. But I do not feel comfortable doing that, as it will expose the wires and electronics during rain to water. I have attached a photo of the brace i wanted, but ended up with another model. The portion hitting the Control Unit is beside the air intake filter.

What do you suggest I do? Has any one mounted this type on a MCS? Any experience on this matter? NOTE: IF COVER MODIFICATION IS POSSIBLE, HOW DID YOU DO IT? Please mail me at; [email protected]

Thank you.

//Derick Gamboa
Manila Philippines :)
John Cooper Works make a sturt bar - lovely machined metal too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts