MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
258.3bhp and 263.1Nm
699 Posts
I have one on my Mini (hard top) and i really noticed a difference! So i think the convertible will gain even more from it as the chassis flexes abit more.

Alex

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The Convertible needs the GTT Brace!

I had the Works one from new, and once removed prior to fitting the GTT one I couldn't really
notice the difference.

However the GTT one is a different beast altogether, and allied with the 2 lower braces the
ragtop feels so much better!

Its probably the best upgrade i've ever made to the car, and that includes the GTT 220 kit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have got an OMP lower brace on my conv an it has definately made a difference, the steering is definately more positive. I am down on the group buy to get one of the GTT upper braces, I have only heard positive things about them and what they do especially to the conv

·
On a MINI adventure
266 Posts
Unfortunately I can't vouch for the differences when it comes to the convertible as I'm sure it handles different from the hatchback anyway.

However, I fitted the JCW on my hard-top, I was not expecting a lot of change, but there was a huge difference and in addition to the bling factor in your engine bay, would say is well worth it.

·
:: 32mpg woo! ::
1,023 Posts
I have fitted upper and lower OMP strut braces to my car, and without doubt they are the best modifications I have made so far. The steering feels tighter, more responsive and very positive, a complete transformation to how it felt prior to the braces being fitted.

This mod should be top of the list for every cabrio owner in my opinion!:)

·
258.3bhp and 263.1Nm
699 Posts
I have fitted upper and lower OMP strut braces to my car, and without doubt they are the best modifications I have made so far. The steering feels tighter, more responsive and very positive, a complete transformation to how it felt prior to the braces being fitted.

This mod should be top of the list for every cabrio owner in my opinion!:)

Saw a video of your car on Youtube, very nice looking convertible i must say!

Alex

·
1,023 Posts
Saw a video of your car on Youtube, very nice looking convertible i must say!

Alex
Cheers mate!:) Awesome looking and sounding motor you have yourself:cool:

Does it have to be a whole set? If not, which one should be the first to go on? Front top?

Ian
I had my front top one fitted first and it literally transformed the feeling of the whole car. A week or so after, I had the front bottom one fitted. In comparison I could barely feel any beneficial difference to how the car felt the week or so when I was driving with only a front top one on.

So based on my experience I'd say front top first:D

·
1,023 Posts
There is a good explanation of strut braces on Lohens website, here.

Here are a few pics of some different ones available...

Upper front strut braces... (The most common type and best place to start)

But in addition to these it is also possible to get...

Lower front strut braces...

Lower middle strut braces..

Upper rear strut braces..

They are of particular benefit on the convertibles because of the less rigid nature of the car due to there being no fixed roof. I noticed a difference on mine straight away, and you don't have to be driving quickly either, on bumpy surfaces the car feels a lot more stable and controlled... kind of less jelly like I would have said... if that makes sense:confused:

Hope that helps:D

·
** The Welsh Dragon**
25 Posts
Yeh that helps alot thanks!! I will definatly be buyin some very soon!! think it'll be the omp ones I prefer the look of them not that anyone will see them! but they definatly make a difference then??..cant wait to see the difference.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts