MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came to remove my JCW strut brace today to get easier access to airbox, and ended up with the other end snapping. I am assuming BMW won't just do this bit as the strut brace complete is a single part number. Any ideas of fix/replacement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok thanks just need to find somewhere that can do it for me ! did you do it yourself or pay someone to weld it ? and if so how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking

regards Brandon

·
Registered
9,242 Posts
i have access to tig welder and mig welder,,, there is a company down in cornwall called weld spray they might be able to do it if sent to them,, or any welders around your area maybe same thing
Weldspray Engineering

Directions

Save

Call
Welder in England

Address: Wheal Honey, Liskeard PL14 3RG

Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Phone: 070 9330 4739

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have access to tig welder and mig welder,,, there is a company down in cornwall called weld spray they might be able to do it if sent to them,, or any welders around your area maybe same thing
Weldspray Engineering

Directions
Save

Call
Welder in England

Address: Wheal Honey, Liskeard PL14 3RG

Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Phone: 070 9330 4739
Ok thanks mike i have been in touch with a company here in London that should be able to weld it up for me

kind regards Brandon

·
Registered
9,242 Posts
Ok thanks mike i have been in touch with a company here in London that should be able to weld it up for me

kind regards Brandon
ideal they should grind the bolt bit to a point then fill back when welding it to the eye piece as such or thats how i would do it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts