MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I have a 07 Mini Cooper with a panoramic roof. I bought it with the roof stuck.
I have changed the motor, which was burned out. Last owner told me it got stuck after someone tried to open it during a freezing day with snow a winter ago. I have no idea if this is correct.

I am trying to find out if I can buy cables somewhere, or if I need to change the frame? Can I refurbish any of this? Change the cables? Mend the frame? Where can I find parts? Anyone here tried to refurbish a frame or the cables?

Thankful for any help here!

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Good evening,

I have a 07 Mini Cooper with a panoramic roof. I bought it with the roof stuck.
I have changed the motor, which was burned out. Last owner told me it got stuck after someone tried to open it during a freezing day with snow a winter ago. I have no idea if this is correct.

I am trying to find out if I can buy cables somewhere, or if I need to change the frame? Can I refurbish any of this? Change the cables? Mend the frame? Where can I find parts? Anyone here tried to refurbish a frame or the cables?

Thankful for any help here!
link below prob cheapest method just grease it all up before fitting it, or trip to main dealers but just the cables will likely be more than £80
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-COO...419898?hash=item3d6a1ef97a:g:SY4AAOSwvPZbO53y

·
Registered
Bog standard R56 cooper (2008)
15 Posts
Old thread I know, however, "seals" treat them with a plumping feeder agent every 6 months, regardless of vehicles age, I tend to do this with my daughter present so she can point out bits i've missed (as I get engrossed) there is always more than you think, once you start looking, the plumper helps reduce sticking of frozen rubber (for instance)
Something like:
Liqui Moly P001132 Rubber Care, 75 ml "gummi-pflege"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts