MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
The short answer is yes. How often depends on what you are doing- autocross, drivers ed track days, all out racing, etc. The track type and condition also has some effect, down in FL for example, Sebring is reportedly hard on tires.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost exclusively autocrossing, approx 2 times per month. Runs are generally in the 45-60 second range. Surface is mainly slick asphalt.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
At one time our Cooper was running just autocross on Kumho tires (didn't spend the $ for the Hoosiers). We rotated them after every event and flipped them on the rims about half way through the season. We drove on them to each event but no daily use, I don't recommend that with Hoosiers. The tires lasted the whole season and the car did well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Hoosiers cause they were 40% off - they were getting rid of the '04 stock. I will carry then to the event and change them there. I wasn't going to bother switching them on the wheels, but I did plan on rotating them. Directionally of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.