MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

As I continue to drive my MINI I keep noticing all these
cool little design features. Take the turn signal. It's so brilliant - you signal left, and the indicator in the car indicates that you've done this - it doesn't indicate *which* way you're turning (dummy, YOU should know that, YOU flipped the turn signal) it just indicates you're turning. That's so, cool. The little red reflector on each door inside so at night no one takes off your door when it's open and they drive by. Headlight adjusters - YOU can adjust the direction of the headlights if you're loaded in the rear - that's just so cool. Everyone agrees that the toggle switches are cool design, but they are also really functional. And of course the look of it - NOTHING on the road right now looks like the MINI. What else is cool design-wise ?

Skip

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey Skip

Are there many MINIs on the road in Zurich?

Cheers

:D :D :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Garry said:
Hey Skip

Are there many MINIs on the road in Zurich?

Cheers

:D :D :D
No. In fact, I've seen more down in the south than up here.

It's a head turner no doubt. I pulled up to a red light
last week in Zurich and this guy steps into the street to
cross in front of me. He staring, he can't take his eyes
off the car, when he gets to curb on the other side he's still looking and trips and falls flat. He gets up and collects his scattered belongings and walks away.

He looked back only once. ;)

Skip

·
Registered
213 Posts
Skip

That is funy. I am sure that there will be lots of people admiring the car.

By the way, testing a theory...

With all the reported problems in the uK of cars pulling to the left...

does your LHD MINI pull to the right?

If the problems in the UK relate to road camber, then the pull or drift in the opposite direction on LHD cars may be evident.

Enjoy your fab looking MINI!

Cheers

Garry:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Garry said:
Skip

That is funy. I am sure that there will be lots of people admiring the car.

By the way, testing a theory...

With all the reported problems in the uK of cars pulling to the left...

does your LHD MINI pull to the right?

If the problems in the UK relate to road camber, then the pull or drift in the opposite direction on LHD cars may be evident.

Enjoy your fab looking MINI!

Cheers

Garry:)
Nope. I got a very nice pull to the left. The only other fault is the cd sometimes stops and the radio kicks in - or vice-versa. It's like someone touched the mode button. KDS and radio replacement this thursday thanks to the incredible people at my dealership. Loaner car free of charge.

Shall I ask for the Z8 in the showroom instead of a loaner MINI ? ;)

Skip

·
Registered
213 Posts
Skip

Thanks for the feedback. Seems that the problem you have is not related to road camber. I hope you get it fixed and it will be interesting to hear what the MINI dealer says was the problem.

Yep, go for the Z8 demo as a loan car I say!

Cheers

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts