MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was driving home yesterday I had the navi screen on as usually. Suddenly I noticed that the screen was black. I tried to get the map back by pushing the buttons on the navi, no success. With a black screen I drove home to my garage and parked my MCS there. I stopped the engine by switching of the ignition. When I turned the ignition on again the map showed up, the position of the car on the map was at home. I guess that the navi system worked all the time but the screen didn’t. One thing I noticed is, when I open the door I could her the dvd work and after a few second the mini logo was on the screen. This was normal before, but after black screen event I had to switch on the ignition to get the mini logo.
Have anyone else had the same problem?

:( :confused:
/Janne

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had the same problem. My dealer fixed it in 5 min. He disconnected the car battery, touched the positive lead to the negative lead for a couple of minutes. This reset the Sat Nav. The problem hasn't reoccured 7 months down the line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
hurrens
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing