MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
How many wheels have been dented on this run, to date?

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Peter busted 2 (on his new car) in about 30 minutes the last time I was in a car in NYC.
I don't make stuff up!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks Pete for posting this!

How many wheels have been dented on this run, to date?
no wheels busted on any previous run. Heck I am always in the city and I DO drive like the taxis with no incidents in 5 years time.
I never understood why everyone freaks out about Manhattan.

either way, the route I picked is pretty harmless and we will slow down in areas that are a bit rough and give a go on ones that are well paved.

and NoNo ... Mazda's ARE welcome (only yours :) ) ... I lasted 9 months in mine :)

·
Lightweight
410 Posts
The only trouble I've had in Manhattan is running over horse $#it near central park. In most cases you can't go fast enough on the streets to have problems. Now, on the highways in Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx you can definitely pop a wheel there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
LOL ... you can be smack in the middle.

Yeah, that car was not for me. I was getting horrendous fuel economy in the city, was a bit tight for longer runs for my lurch frame and the Japanese sterile feel just wasn't me.
I lucked out getting good money after just 9 months. Sitting in a Clubman now.

·
MINI2 somebody
911 Posts
Peter busted 2 (on his new car) in about 30 minutes the last time I was in a car in NYC.
I don't make stuff up!!
Good memory! I had a full load in my MCS. You, and ants and some girl in the back.
Second Ave, north of Bowery, manhole open operation - where the manhole plate was in place but the pavement around it WAS NOT! :angry:

Anyway, the Sunrise run will be fun, or funny. There will be cobblestones, manhole covers (=slalom) :rolleyes:, and food :p.
Aurel is capping it at 35 MINIs. So be sure to RSVP to him directly.

NoNo wants to sweep?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks to everyone that signed up!

We are close to 40 cars at this point (a bit more than I planned) so registration is closed at this time.

See you at the run and keep an eye on the thread on NEMINI for the usual updates!

·
MINI2 somebody
911 Posts
Presenting the Sunrise Run III: The Triple Threat VIDEO

Running time: 7 minutes

You can download (save target file of the link) one of these files (Quicktime 7) for better quality playback:

SMALL (320x180) 30MB: SMALL MOVIE

MEDIUM (853x480) 80MB: MEDIUM MOVIE

HD (1280x720) 317MB: HD MOVIE

Also the ingested and regurgitated streaming version on Vimeo:
Sunrise Run III: Triple Threat on Vimeo

Enjoy!

·
Registered
315 Posts
THAT looks like one fun time (and as a western NYer living out in the sticks, that's not something I normally say about my perception of NYC)! I was actually in Long Island on the 9th, had heard something about this run, but I had just gotten my MINI and was already freaked about how in Hades I was going to survive Long Island.

Excellent job on the video! It looks like everyone had a GREAT time. Who knows how next year will shake out, but I might have to consider joining you...

What has this MINI done to me :confused:??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts