MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaning towards no sunroof on a dark grey silver S; it rains too much in Seattle to enjoy a sunroof year-round (I barely use the one on my Passat and E28 now). Plus methinks it will save weight (mo' faster) and certainly around $900. What are other Pacific Northwester's thinking? Resale value impact?

So, the real question is white roof or black roof? The pix of the dark grey with white roof sure look great!

#11 in SLC

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Dave,

Go for the sunroof. Mine is never covered by the shade. Cannot stand when it is because the car feels to closed in when it is. Just think how nice it will be on those glorious summer days around here, all three of them.

when above 40F and no rain, the roof is open! Kind of like Safeco.

The real question is with a sunroof, does the white top look right? The sunroof sure blends in nicely with the black top. The problem is that there are only three colors that look good with the black top (in pictures at least), pure silver, dark silver and yellow. I wish the yellow was not the BMW yellow but a little brighter.
The indie blue and BRG look too brutish with black tops. Electric blue, not a chance, True Hater of anything close to Carolina Blue!
Black, not here. Nightmare to keep clean.
Red, not sure.

Which color, which color.....AHHHHH....got to decide soon! Is there a special padded cell for those that cannot decide?

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Great Question davehg

I shamelessly stole your question and made it into a poll.

BTW the only good looking sunroof/roof combo is Black! :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
The Ultimate Driver said:
I'm going with Dark Silver, White roof w/sunroof. I don't think it looks all that bad. I'll make a final judgement when I see one (white roof w/ SR) in person.
You don't really pick the sunroof with a white roof until your standing right next to the car. Mine will have a white roof with sunroof too. I think it looks good.....

:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunroof weight penalty

Thanks for all your thoughts; I originally was sold on the silver/black combo but saw the dark grey white combo and wow! what gorgeous combo.

Whatta you all think about the weight penalty with the sunroof? A good chance I'll find my way back on the local Seattle area racetracks for autocrossing, so I wonder how much of a penalty the sunroof would add given all that extra glass. Shouldn't impact the chassis rigidity from what I read about the Mini's super strong frame, so perhaps weight and extra cost are the only concerns. Also trying to keep the price from escalating too much beyond $22500 out the door; any more than that and I would do wise to look for an older M Coupe or Z3 coupe...

Glad to see other Seattle area mini fanatics. Can't wait to hook up and go on some great drives together, especially on Hwy 410 in the summer (all three weeks of it). I chose the Salt Lake dealer knowing that Northwest Mini would have a zillion people on the waiting list; SLC has me at #11 (yeah!). Can't wait to drive down and see the dealership; frankly it may be the only thing worth seeing in Fife besides the BMW dealer.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
I too have ordered white roof with sunroof. Needless to say, I think it looks great :D Currently considering a transparent decal, perhaps chequered flag? my new (replacement Cooper Chili will be black, white roof, wheels etc. and red half leather interior.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Andrewfuzzy said:
Do you not get the option of the roof in the same colour as the car over there?

No cost option over here :)
Yes, I think i'm correct in saying that it's a "no cost" option in all markets.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Andrewfuzzy said:
Well in that case Basil id go for the Grey roof with Sunroof :)
Having seen my first M3 Yellow Cooper with a white roof, My S will be the same colour combination. I like the dark Silver, but feel that this car needs to LOOK fun, NOT classy. Obviously everyone will have their own preferences, but mine is definately on the non serious side.It's a motorbike with four wheels as far as I'm concerned.

I LIKE the white roof with a sunroof.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Andrewfuzzy said:
i want the classy fun get the hell out of my way look so a Dark Grey S with Grey Roof and a S/R will suit me just fine :D
Sounds good AND different. I also like the ALL pure silver ONE "S" look alike in the MINI accessories brochure...... The opportunity to have a white roof though, I personaly couldn't pass by. Each to their own.......:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts