MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! 05' EB MCS..I am desperatly awaiting the time until we are good to go on teh build! We ordered in June and are expecting the word anytime. However, while we still have a little time left, I have found a few topics on other sites about the sunroof being a pain/problem: ie...to hot, no "visor", etc. Please help! We don't have much time left! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! GO MINI!

Kim

PS- I know thi has been menitioned b4, but I am not able to find all documents...

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
wwpaddler03 said:
Hey all! 05' EB MCS..I am desperatly awaiting the time until we are good to go on teh build! We ordered in June and are expecting the word anytime. However, while we still have a little time left, I have found a few topics on other sites about the sunroof being a pain/problem: ie...to hot, no "visor", etc. Please help! We don't have much time left! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! GO MINI!

Kim

PS- I know thi has been menitioned b4, but I am not able to find all documents...
Sun / No visor... no problem... it doesnt get too hot nor too bright for me here in Sunny Southern California... BUT... i just developed squeeking while its fully open... :mad:

Over all I still like it and will still spec it. the squeeking hopefully wont be too complicated of a fix.

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
I have the sunroof in Phoenix! It gets quite warm over here, no issues to date! I love the ability to kick back the sunroof and cruise. I also like the feature of holding the keychain while the windows/sunroof go down or back! Looks pretty slick!

If I had to complain about it, I would say that time spent on the highway can cause a bit of noise! (from the wind/air) Say at ___ mph, well, I am not going to say! ;) But it can get noisy so I just turn up the HK system and roll!

·
Registered
700 Posts
The sunroof is great. The only complaint I have (a very small one) is it is quite loud, louder than many I've seen when open and cruising at speed.

Not a problem though, I wouldn't think of not having it on my MINI.

Get it! :D

·
There is no spoon
179 Posts
Even in the colder climes of the UK its great. Agree it does get a tad noisey over 50MPH but otherwise get it. Even when closed it's brilliant be able to look up see the moon and stars through your glass roof.
Def get it !

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
My car stood outside in full sun for 3 hours yesterday wit the sunroof just tilted open. No problems at all, and the temperature yesterday was officially 41.5 but the car was showing 43 celsius as I drove home.

The sunroof can be left tilted open while you drive along in pouring rain and nothing drips inside.

Cannot see any reason not to get a sunroof if you want one. :)

·
MNEEME
52 Posts
I have a sunroof too and I love it! I think its a plus to the MINI. I live in VA and got my MINI towards the end of the summer and I love the sunroof. And the car doesn't get hot. Plus on my car keys I can roll down the windows while outside the car! (Others probably have it too) Yet its a great idea!
Well Good Luck With Your MINI and Happy Motoring!

--But one question for Mike. Does the rain water come in when you press the brakes?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
After 2+ years there is some creaking when open, but when it's warm enough I never drive with it closed. When it is hot, opening it as you walk toward the car really helps release the heat. I'd spec it again.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Mike Clarke said:
The sunroof can be left tilted open while you drive along in pouring rain and nothing drips inside.
Hahahah I've done that too... it was cool... I think people thought I was nuts...

to answer if water comes in if brakes are applied: No rain still doesnt make its way in... but I was on the freeway so I was still moving forward although at a slow pace with the brakes applied... I havent tried a complete stop yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.