MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does everyone think??????????????????????? i would really apprieciate any reply, im going to order my pepper white cooper soon, just wanna make sure everythins puka!!!! CHEERS EVERYONE!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
I had Sunroof & Auto AC on my old MCS , & now Sunroof & Manual AC on the New MCS .
Given the choice I`d go for Sunroof everytime particulary in the UK where its only really stuffy a couple of days of the year.
I only got AC this time as it came inc` with the MCS`s Chilli Pack, how much extra is it on the Cooper ??
:)

... Been Driving around today with the Roof open Again ... ITS GREAT :D

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
I've got both and i'm well pleased with it.

The a/c is probably worth it for the extra resale value if nothing else.

Sunroof is just awesome, probably the best option i've got on the car :cool:

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I stopped using my AC all together once I realize how much it slowed the car down.. can't imagine NOT having it though.. need it for those muggy, rainy days. I love the sunroof!

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
AC is a must for resale. I didn't order a sunroof as I never used it in my old car, and also it spoils the look of the white contrast roof.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
It's a very personal thing really. Resale / chances of selling compared to the next car would dictate getting aircon (if that's a concern) and sunroof, well, just depends if you like it or not.

I've gone for manual A/C only as I really like the cool comfort you get on hot or even warm days, especially if I ever have to wear a suit in the car... sticky....

·
Registered
472 Posts
andymini1 said:
what does everyone think??????????????????????? i would really apprieciate any reply, im going to order my pepper white cooper soon, just wanna make sure everythins puka!!!! CHEERS EVERYONE!!!!! :D :D :D
Sunroof......I got sunroof and dont really see point of AC if you have it as it defeats the object.....open roof = pants AC. However if your going to be stuck in traffic a lot get AC too as if it warm not much air gets in roof!

Hope this helps but defo sunroof! Never be without one again!

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Both!!!

Sunroof is fabulous, best option I ever got.
A/c is very good for very hot days and winters when the inside gets all steamed up :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Restyle said:
I had Sunroof & Auto AC on my old MCS , & now Sunroof & Manual AC on the New MCS .
Given the choice I`d go for Sunroof everytime particulary in the UK where its only really stuffy a couple of days of the year.
I only got AC this time as it came inc` with the MCS`s Chilli Pack, how much extra is it on the Cooper ??

... Been Driving around today with the Roof open Again ... ITS GREAT :D
its an extra £600.00 for man air con on the cooper :(

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I had to make the same choice on both my MINIs,I chose the sunroof on my 03 and when ordering my 05 i initially decided to go with aircon instead,but then we had a few nice sunny days and with the sunroof open on my 03 i realised that i'd miss the sunroof so i swapped the spec.The other thing that changed my mind was that i had a MINI ONE courtesy car without the sunroof and it seemed alot smaller inside without the extra light from the sunroof.I couldn't afford to have both along with everything else i wanted so i had to choose ,i haven't regretted it although on the odd occasion we have a really hot day and even with the windows down and roof open its not getting any cooler i'll be thinking 'aircon would be nice'.

·
Registered
415 Posts
andymini1 said:
From a re-sale POV get A/C. More prospective buyers will go for this than just a sunroof.
Used buyers expect/prefer as a minimum A/C, CD player/changer & alloys. Anything else is bonus.

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I've gone for both... in my (soon to be ex) Audi I have aircon and now I wouldn't be without it, for my MCS (arriving friday) getting aircon was therefore a Definite must-have.. and i decided to get for the sunroof as well as it makes the car feel bigger/lighter inside.... mind you now I've read these posts about how wonderful it is to drive around with the sunroof open I'm even more glad i went for BOTH...

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Its alright everybody saying both but not everybody has limitless funds available,wasn't the question air con or sunroof?
edit note: i'll get my coat,i've just read the question again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Both, but I'm probably in the minority here as I'd lose the sunroof first ...

My journey is mainly in traffic until I hit the motorway, sunroof not good in traffic and too blustery on the motorway.

A/C solves both in my mind

·
Registered
336 Posts
I went for aircon.

Don't like sunroofs - you hear horror stories of leaks, and they must soften the shell a bit.

I rarely have the aircon on apart from clearing the screen these days as I usually have the window down to listen to the exhaust burble.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts