MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does everyone think??????????????????????? i would really apprieciate any reply, im going to order my pepper white cooper soon, just wanna make sure everythins puka!!!! CHEERS EVERYONE!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
I had Sunroof & Auto AC on my old MCS , & now Sunroof & Manual AC on the New MCS .
Given the choice I`d go for Sunroof everytime particulary in the UK where its only really stuffy a couple of days of the year.
I only got AC this time as it came inc` with the MCS`s Chilli Pack, how much extra is it on the Cooper ??
:)

... Been Driving around today with the Roof open Again ... ITS GREAT :D

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
I've got both and i'm well pleased with it.

The a/c is probably worth it for the extra resale value if nothing else.

Sunroof is just awesome, probably the best option i've got on the car :cool:

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I stopped using my AC all together once I realize how much it slowed the car down.. can't imagine NOT having it though.. need it for those muggy, rainy days. I love the sunroof!

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
AC is a must for resale. I didn't order a sunroof as I never used it in my old car, and also it spoils the look of the white contrast roof.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
It's a very personal thing really. Resale / chances of selling compared to the next car would dictate getting aircon (if that's a concern) and sunroof, well, just depends if you like it or not.

I've gone for manual A/C only as I really like the cool comfort you get on hot or even warm days, especially if I ever have to wear a suit in the car... sticky....

:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
andymini1 said:
what does everyone think??????????????????????? i would really apprieciate any reply, im going to order my pepper white cooper soon, just wanna make sure everythins puka!!!! CHEERS EVERYONE!!!!! :D :D :D
Sunroof......I got sunroof and dont really see point of AC if you have it as it defeats the object.....open roof = pants AC. However if your going to be stuck in traffic a lot get AC too as if it warm not much air gets in roof!

Hope this helps but defo sunroof! Never be without one again!

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
Go for both! :D I have, and put simply - you get the best of both worlds! :cool:

The s/r makes the interior seem sooooo much bigger/lighter, especially for anyone travelling in the back. All of my friends that have travelled in the back have commented on how big if feels with the glass above. (Admittedly, I am also folically challenged (!) but pulling the blind across every now and then saves your head for a bit. :p )

As for the A/C, I have manual bacause I think it offers a little bit more control over the heat of the air coming out of the vents. It is great to clear the windows on moist rainy days, and superb at reducing the temperature on bright sunnny days. Agree about speed being hampered by A/C, and I too have a habit of leaving it off when driving hard, but then again opening the sunroof has a similar effect by creating turbulence - and both adversely hamper the fuel economy! :rolleyes:

You know there's only one choice here - MINI with both, or no MINI...! ;) :D

·
MY 5UV
72 Posts
andymini1 said:
If you had to choose SUNROOF all the way, i wouldnt live without it makes a big difference, and i have auto ac and very happy with them both.

·
Registered
309 Posts
as pointed out in an earlier post, it depends on your weather. if its only hot a couple days of the year, its probably not worth it. get the sunroof. HOWEVER, should you decide to slide over to the MCS, forget the sunroof.........if i have to read another thread about some poor MCS owner with rattles in his sunroof.....arg.

fyi, i have a PW w/sunroof, and I like the contrast. you can look at my gallery to double check.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You didn't tell us where you are located. There's a big difference between living in Yorkshire, UK and Yuma, Arizona.

So, assuming you live anywhere in the US of A, here's my recommendation in order of preference:

1. Get both
2. Get A/C
3. Get Sunroof

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.