• White Roof no Sunroof

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question shamelessly stolen from davehg's post in the Cooper S forum.

I'm solid on the idea of a sunroof. The only roof that looks good with a sunroof is black. Other thoughts?

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
You should of just limited the vote to three, Sunroof white, sunroof Black, or no sun roof. Or you could of put multiple choices on. I think they're all good except white with Sun roof! (sorry Colin!)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
grendizergo said:
Am I the only person in the world who doesn't mind white with a sunroof?
No CMT (colin) is getting his white with a sunroof. I just think it looks odd, whats the point in having a white roof, then sticking a hugh Black sunroof in the middle of it. Anyway given the choice I'd ditch the sunroof and spend an extra 100 on Air Con.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
OK, if I change my mind and go with the white top with sunroof, does anybody know where I can get a white 'decal' that is see through? The decal I am thinking of has a lot of small holes so you can see out, like they have on the city bus windows. You could also go with a Union Jack with the sunroof with this option.

This is the only nice option I see with a white top and sunroof.

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Miniac-

Saw it in November but I couldn't vote in it.

Here's another MINI owners ONLY poll
Unfortunately for me I still can't, and probably won't be able to until this September. Didn't want to wait that long.;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sunroofs

Can't stand the stupid things.

I'm having air-con. Much more useful.

They are predominantly a peculiarity of the British car market because we're sad and get all excited when the sun comes out.

When the sun has got its hat on; the last thing I want is it coming through a hole in the roof and heating up my head!

Takes all sorts I guess?

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Gromit,
I agree! Black sunroof on a white roof looks bad. Sunroof on a black roof looks super. I need the sunroof for two reasons: 1. Cape Cod beach cruising. 2. The wife said we have to one. (This reason supercedes all others, of course!) Better to have a happy spouse and a Cooper S, than any other scenario!

·
Registered
560 Posts
What's so bad looking about White with Sun Roof?

When I get my S, I'll view it most of the time from the inside. Having a sun roof makes the interior space feel bigger, and definitely brighter.

As for others, there likely to see for two brief but equal times, as I approach from the rear, and disappear around the next corner or over the horizon.

There's also a brief blurry glimpse of my passenger door, as I pass. In all three of these situations, the top of the roof is invisible to all but trucks and SUV's.

I agree that from the outside, in a parking lot, the sun roof conceals nicely against a black roof. However fewer of the colors look as good to me with a black roof. For me most of the colors look better with a white roof mirrors and wheels. They all look great. It's just that white looks super great with more of the colors. In past vehicles, I would have absolutely never ever considered buying black car because the interior heats up faster. However, the glass on the Mini covers about half of the roof, leaving very little of the black roof to make much of a difference. With the optional programming on the remote, to automatically open all windows before entering the vehicle, I could easily live with a black roof. But only with a yellow, silver, gold, or bronze car.

My current choice is either:
Electric Blue/White with White V-Spoke (X-Lites) 16" wheels.
BRG/White with White V-Spoke (X-Lites) 16" wheels.

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting...

So far there is nobody getting the black roof without getting the sunroof. All the folks that are anti-sunroof have gone with the white roof (forgot about body color roofs when I set up the poll).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts