MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! 05' EB MCS..I am desperatly awaiting the time until we are good to go on teh build! We ordered in June and are expecting the word anytime. However, while we still have a little time left, I have found a few topics on other sites about the sunroof being a pain/problem: ie...to hot, no "visor", etc. Please help! We don't have much time left! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! GO MINI!

Kim

PS-I knowthis has been mentioned previoulsy, however, I wasn't able to find the doc.'s...SRY!

·
Registered
187 Posts
little problems here

had my moonroof "S" since april 2003, and the only complaint I have is it is noisy when you're trying to talk w/ a passenger at higher speeds - but, then again, I tend to want to enjoy the drive and not talk so much ...

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
It's louder (when opened, of course) than the one in my old Golf, and I don't like the fact that the "shade" isn't opaque. I read on here somewhere that windshield shades can be easily cut to fit the roof openings, so that's no problem, and I really like the light as much as the wind, so it isn't open all that often.

I love it, and would probably never buy a car again without some sort of roof-opening device.

-Eric

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love the Mini sunroof :p :p :p ( Mini sunroof ...... It's funny cause it's actually HUGE ;) ) It renders the stock Mini sound systems useless and the interior gets a bit hot if left in the sun for long periods but I would not trade it for anything.

Nice

·
-Mr T-
1,818 Posts
Great to read these comments. I'm just about to order my MCS with the sunroof. I've heard they can be a bit hot but welcome the comments from all of you. I love the way you can open it with the remote!!!

I have heard somewhere that some owners did want a better 'shade' under the roof. Also are the wind deflectors an option or aftermarket?

Any Oz listers got the roof??

Tux
Oz

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
My last MINI didn't have one, my New MINI does and I wouldn't want another car without one now.

By far the best option on my car. I even find my self when its really cold with the heat turned up and the sunroof open :D

Definately keep it on the spec sheet :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.