MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also psted this on the Convertible section - but more peple seem to frequent this board and it's still relevant:

New MCC arrives this Saturday and I've just bought the total Supagard kit (paint, fabric, wheels etc) off ebay so I can apply it the same day.

For anyone who has used Supagard before are there any tips you can pass on - things you should and shouldn't do?

What happens if you get it on the black trim - is this a problem?

Also is the cloth/fabric Supagard the right thing to use on theroof or just the interior?

Want to try and get this right - cost £20 which seems expensive, but I'm led to believe it's the poodles privates...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did my Mini in the summer,it was easy to use and came up a real treat.Now when it rains and is sitting in the carpark at work my Mini is the only car where the water beads and runs straight off: :)

Only tip I would give you is to apply and remove in straight lines.

Also buy the aftercar kit,otherwise your wasting your time and effort.

Good Luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nskm1 said:
Also buy the aftercar kit,otherwise your wasting your time and effort.
I guess the aftercare kit is just a detergent type wash fluid? Won't any decent brand (Autoglym for instance) do?

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
303 Protection

I have just bought a couple of bottles of some special stuff from a company based in California called 303. My step brother in San Diego has already tried it on his MINI, and says it's brilliant.

One is their "303 Aerospace Protectant" that is claimed to be the best UV protector around, for use on vinyl, leather, plastic, rubber (including tyres) fibre glass etc etc. It's referred to as "the SPF40 Sunscreen for your stuff".

The other is a "303 High Tech Fabric Guard", which is reckoned to be THE stuff for all fabrics (tents, awnings and of course convertible roofs).

I'll have a go with them this weekend, weather permitting. And the supplier? In the UK it's imported by The polishing Company (www.thepolishingcompany.com), and the US website is at www.303products.com.

(I have no connection with either company, by the way!)

·
Clubman D
1,365 Posts
£20 for the full kit is a bargain, I'm led to believe that it is £85 to buy, and it is £200 - £250 if you want the dealer to apply it. (polish the car for you).
I know that the Volkswagen (VW, Skoda etc) group use Supagard and I would have thought your could buy a kit from a dealer.
When I applied mine to my Black roof (tin top) it left streaks if you look at it in a certain angle, and I pooped myself. They dissapered after a few minutes however, and the same appeared on my black bonnet stripes, which also dissapeared.
The polish though is excellent, when the bugs get killed on the front of your car, they literally fall off the car when you apply water.
Autoglym 'soap' seems to be of similar substance to the supagard (however you spell it) and it doesn't take the finish off your car like some 'wash & wax' substances do!
DON'T GET IT ON THE BLACK TRIM!!!! Its a pain in the a** to get off.

·
Convertible -here at last
134 Posts
Dealers will not sell it to you - on pain of Supagard refusing to supply them!
No such problems on e-bay though. Plenty of sellers usually at "Buy it now" prices. £20 for the works is usual. £8 for just the paint seal (polish).
The after care stuff is a shampoo and more importantly a "top up" polish. Neither is strictly needed but I use the shampoo once evry couple of months (clear water is fine the rest of the time) and polished the car after 2 years.
You can buy it from the supagard website.
http://www.supagard.co.uk/shampoo_paintseal.htm

I've done my Jag and my 2CV with it and it works.
Needless to say the Mini Conv got it done on day 1.

Geoff

·
Registered
119 Posts
Never heard of this stuff before but it sounds great and I think I'm going to grab myself some from Ebay

Uncle Cosmo, did the supaguard you bought from ebay come with instructions?

Can anyone else offer any application tips?

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cozzers said:
Never heard of this stuff before but it sounds great and I think I'm going to grab myself some from Ebay

Uncle Cosmo, did the supaguard you bought from ebay come with instructions?

Can anyone else offer any application tips?

thanks
It's not turned up yet - I won the auction last Wednesday and it's Monday now with no correspondence from the seller despite my 4 e-mails wondering what's happening...

I'm not overly concerned as yet as he has over 200 positive feedback logs so I'm sure he's OK just maybe away for a few days.

But still, you do hear the stories about e-bay...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Supargard in US ??

Hello all,
Wonder if Supagard watch dogs read this board?
Because only got 2 hits on ebay, and for some type shampoo and sponge, not the kit..
Any clues on where to get it?
Also noticed everyone on this thread is in Europe, is there a different "goo" applied
to US cars? Or a different name for the same goo??
Just getting my MSC so need to plan paint and top protection,
cheers!!
:) :D :) :green:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.