MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the Cooper rally car that was in the auto express last week

The article mentioned that VW were entering their 215bhp polo in the super 1600 class at the WRC next yr and that the picture was the MINI that was spotted outside the BMW test centre nice had a scoop above the windscreen VERY wide car hope they build it

PS if anyone has the mag and has a scanner pop a piccy up here will you?? :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Andrewfuzzy said:
Has anyone seen the Cooper rally car that was in the auto express last week

The article mentioned that VW were entering their 215bhp polo in the super 1600 class at the WRC next yr and that the picture was the MINI that was spotted outside the BMW test centre nice had a scoop above the windscreen VERY wide car hope they build it

PS if anyone has the mag and has a scanner pop a piccy up here will you?? :D
Ummm........should I mention copyright here at all I wonder.......(again!!!).

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: Super 1600 Rally version??

Basil said:

Ummm........should I mention copyright here at all I wonder.......(again!!!).
Why would you do that (again!!!)?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Saw in lastest Autosport mag that they have already had the first spec Mini Cooper road race(in the rain!) and S Coopers will be racing in '03, Erik

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Super 1600 Rally version??

BruceK said:

Why would you do that (again!!!)?
I know , I know........but we all have to protect our livings do we not.......ok ok.. I'll shut up !

Paul Mullet help me out here......copyright is an IMPORTANT issue....

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Sorry, only just picked up on this thread, and yes, copyright is important.

It is frustrating to those of who produce original material for the net that people seem to think electronic = copyright free, it doesn't.

Links to other peoples sites and stories are useful, and if anyone sees a story they think we should carry on MINI2 by all means contact me, and I will contact the publisher to ask permission.

To an extent quotes and comments are fine too, and dont harm anyone, but reproducing other peoples work in full, without consent, is not really fair.

People like 4Car and AutoExpress (to name but a couple) have been very helpful in the past, and I don't mind people re-producing our stuff, IF THEY ASK FIRST!

:)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Andrewfuzzy said:
Im not bothered bout the article it was only 20-30 words just want some1 to put the picture on here

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You were bothered enough to start a thread on the matter were you not..... Have you asked Paul Mullett to kindly ask AutoExpress if MINI2 could post the picture for us ?

:confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOOOOAAAAH there

ive already seen it is what i meant, just wanted to share it with u guys...... :(

By all means people please try and get the piccy up on here its worth the look (i think)

just the picture i was interested in the wording was mainly about the 215bhp VW Polo BLEEEEUUUUUURGH

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Dudes,I thought this was about 1600 Rally version of the Cooper?Maybe a new "thread" should be started about the copyright thoughts that this has turned into!There are us rally enthusiasts out here who are interested in the future concerning the Mini,and I'm sure there will many a Mini going (sliding ;) down stages in the near future! As I stated previously they are road racing them already!!!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
ezrally said:
Dudes,I thought this was about 1600 Rally version of the Cooper?Maybe a new "thread" should be started about the copyright thoughts that this has turned into!There are us rally enthusiasts out here who are interested in the future concerning the Mini,and I'm sure there will many a Mini going (sliding ;) down stages in the near future! As I stated previously they are road racing them already!!!
Cranky bugger, just ignore the posts you don't like and keep going with the subject matter....geezzz.

Merry Christmas !!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Basil's right, make MINI's not war! Happy holidays to all!:cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Y'know, a picture of that Super 1600 MINI, would make a great holiday gift to all of us. I wonder if it will debut at the Monte Carlo Rally in January? C'mon, we've been good! Well, at least we've all been patient this year!:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No way that the MINI will be at the Monte.........competing

VW Polo is far more advanced project and that wont be entering till middle of next year! on selected rallies

·
Registered
663 Posts
Blimey! Sorry you took it the wrong way,MERRY XMAS!!!!
The new Mini Cooper is so excellent of a vehicle that when it is rallied/raced it will attract alot of attention with all concerned,and maybe most importantly sponsors...

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Spoolin' said:
Basil's right, make MINI's not war! Happy holidays to all!:cool:
Huuummm, thanks but I think I am responsible for starting it.... Did someone mention copyright.......bad. bad. man.

:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
C'mon! Just 1 little pic. Pleeeeeeeeeeeassssse!!!!!?
Hello? :D :D :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Here you go!

Well, since you asked (or is it begged?!?) so nicely Spoolin' here you go - I hope I've got the right one - I've included the article too and a pic of the polo for comparison.

If you look closely you can see the scoop on the roof.:cool:

Hope this helps you guys, glad to help.

Pete.:p

Picture from Autoexpress issue 683 ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts