MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Will Johnson
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've only had my 52 cooper s about a week now and i love it let me say firstly! The only thing that is bothering me is when I turn the engine off, regardless of how i drive the car when i come to turn it off i hear the charger wind down (im assuming thats what it is....) and just before the whine down finishes it gives off what can only be described as a rattlly buzzing noise.... it only lasts about 1/2 a second and it doesnt do it when the engine is running / idle... only when the charger seems to be spinning down

Is this something i should be concerend about? or is my OCD getting the best of me??! haha

Many thanks in advanced guys...
p.s. still loving my mini adventure!

·
Will Johnson
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive had another listen this evening and its like a vibration noise? its only for a split second..... any ideas? should i go back to BMW and show them? ive only had her for under 2 wks! lol

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
It could be the rubber pipe on top of the engine having gone soft -usually described as a mooing sound ,but not quite that same noise in your case - easy to check -a brief seach should help you

·
Damned
4,525 Posts
Just an idea, but listen to the noise you get when you press the Air-Recirculation button with ignition on.
This usually gives out a strange noise as its motor servo`s close the flaps, which it also does when you switch the engine off if the button was in the right mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts