MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mini-Holic
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Strange question, im getting my s in January :D and i wanna buy some stuff for her. please can u provide me with stuff that can be used with the cooper s.

Stuff like a Boost Controller (Turbo charged cars only) But stuff like that if im making any sense.

So far im looking at getting a Boost Gauge and Air/Fuel Ration Gauge.

Any help would be Apreciated

Also Dump Valves / By pass Valve Dont work for Superchargers??
http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_listing_2M.asp?Cat2=accessories_bypass
but they sell something for supercharges what does that do? :S

·
Registered
336 Posts
Phrozen said:
Hey all,

Strange question, im getting my s in January :D and i wanna buy some stuff for her. please can u provide me with stuff that can be used with the cooper s.

Stuff like a Boost Controller (Turbo charged cars only) But stuff like that if im making any sense.

So far im looking at getting a Boost Gauge and Air/Fuel Ration Gauge.

Any help would be Apreciated

Also Dump Valves / By pass Valve Dont work for Superchargers??
http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_listing_2M.asp?Cat2=accessories_bypass
but they sell something for supercharges what does that do? :S

Believe me, you want to preserve as much of that supercharger pressure as you can, not vent it.

Just enjoy having your exhaust "fart" when you lift.

·
Mini-Holic
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MukiMunki said:
Believe me, you want to preserve as much of that supercharger pressure as you can, not vent it.

Just enjoy having your exhaust "fart" when you lift.
yeh i agree, im just after some gadgets. i want something that u can get only if u got a super charger :p

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Phrozen said:
yeh i agree, im just after some gadgets. i want something that u can get only if u got a super charger :p
Well, that would be the nice SC whine you get on hard acceleration. An intake kit or even a different panel filter will make that easier to hear.

·
Mini-Holic
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
obehave said:
Well, that would be the nice SC whine you get on hard acceleration. An intake kit or even a different panel filter will make that easier to hear.
yes there that whine which i do love.

but what i mean on turbo chargers you can have digital boost controller etcs. is that not anything like this that u can get on a supercharger??

·
the DASH LIGHT king ? ;)
485 Posts
i used to have a VW Polo G40 (170bhp) which was supercharged and had a jabbasport dump valve...had rolling road results before and after , but didnt make a difference (noise was good tho) !

mukimunki is right about pressure also ! u want as much as possible...

best thing really is get a smaller pulley, belt and ecu mod and u will be smitten i reckon ! :)

boost gauge wud be mesmorising then !!!!!!

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Phrozen said:
yes there that whine which i do love.

but what i mean on turbo chargers you can have digital boost controller etcs. is that not anything like this that u can get on a supercharger??
Not really a boost controller on an SC. There is a bypass valve but that really isn't what you're looking for. At least I don't think it is.

Check item 7 on this page for a more technical explanation.
It'll give you insight into why this isn't realistic.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You cannot run a boost controller on a supercharged car, because there is no waste-gate type valve that limits the amount of exhaust gases going through the turbine on a supercharger. The supercharger pulley size is in effect your boost controller. A 19% reduction pulley will provide more boost than a 17, 15, stock, etc. Since you're eager to buy mods, I'd start off with the basics that are easy to install with basic hand-tools like an intake, cat-back exhaust and rear swaybar. Other mods you might want to consider are a wheel/tire change (this will make a huge difference in acceleration, ride quality and handling), supercharger pulley and lowering springs.

I don't see the point in getting a boost gauge on these cars since the amount of boost produced is directly proportional to the speed of the engine. I bought one, but turned around and sold it because of this. An oil pressure and oil temp gauge would serve you better IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts