MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2004 Cooper S. I am loving the car. The precious owner included a second supercharger that he said he pulled off another Cooper. I am wondering if any of you could help me figure out what year this SC is off of. It looks like it says 18/02/02, does that mean this SC was made February 18, 2002? My Cooper currently has 101,300 miles on it, should I replace my SC at this point? Not saying I would use this SC bc I do not know how many miles are on it.

Attachments

· 0.1mpg (Miles per Grin)
281 Posts
If it's a 2002 supercharger then it's likely to be the same as the one on your car, albeit older. You'd be better off looking for the later 'teflon' model, or else just refurb the current one.

· Registered
11 Posts
The supercharger in the pics is definitely a non Teflon pre face-lift charger. To be honest i cant see why so many people geta bonner over the Teflon coating, all it does is slightly reduce the gap between the rotors making the charger slightly more efficient. I have seen quite a few where the Teflon has started to peel off the rotors

· Registered
13,590 Posts
would stick new water pump and that short piece of pipe to thermostat housing as they tend to split with age,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.