MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Ive recently moved jobs and have started to get stuck in traffic a lot more. When my MCS is stationary, the engine/supercharger seems to always make a bubbling/boiling sound for a good few seconds.:confused: Then it goes away and comes back every now and again. This only happens when the car is stationary for long periods.:hmph:

I know this may sound a silly question but is this normal? Have other MCS owners experienced the same?

Car drives fine and nothing seems to be at fault. Just curious to know!

Itll be good if anyone had some info

thanks! SuperdupercooperS

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you sure it's the supercharger? Sometime the aircon system can make noises like the ones you describe.

Might be worth turning the aircon on and off when you hear the noise and see if it comes and goes with that.

Worth a visit to the $ervice team for peace of mind?

·
Supercharger Noiseaholic
186 Posts
Have you left the engine running at home with the bonnet up to see if you can locate the noise? That doesn't sound like a healthy noise for it to be making...

·
T o t a l m i n i . c o m
4,467 Posts
I dunno, I'm usually reving the car at the lights- just for fun obviously:p:D

But mine doesn't make that sort of noise when I'm not!!

·
"Sable" Black Sidewalk S
37 Posts
When my S Cabrio was 6 months old I had a loud hissing noise that was really obvious when I was standing still. Still beiong under warranty I took it back to the dealer & it turned out it was a hose to/from the supercharger that had come off.

·
"Sable" Black Sidewalk S
37 Posts
Oh, and it wasn't affecting the performace at all either. Luck it was under warranty as the whole supercharger had to come off for the mechanic to get to the hose - hope yours is nothing too serious!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys - yep all my fluids seem up to scratch. Topped up my oil recently, coolant seems to be ok.

I dont think its the aircon - i guess the best thing is to pop the bonnet open when im at a standstill on the driveway and try and locate the noise. A service is due but not until another 6k miles. I guess ill have to pop it in, unfortunately not under warranty anymore. TLC ran out last yr.

Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts