MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
woolly
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I Recently had a JCW Cylinder Head given to me brand new in the box. on receiving this i purchased a supercharger and an inter cooler. I have an o2 plate cooper and wish to add the supercharger i am very mechanically active and own a small garage but have never looked into the idea before Has anyone ever done the upgrade? does any one have any information on completing the upgrade?

Thanks Ben.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Don't do it....

The gearbox in the 02 Cooper is the Midland 5-speed, and won't be able to take the power.

The engine internals (i.e. pistons) can't take the extra load either, the Cooper S internals are different to the Cooper.

Plus you'd also have to relocate the battery to the boot, as there probably won't be room ;)

It would be easier, and cheaper in the long run (once you factor in modified car insurance) to just buy a Cooper S in the first place ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
so much effort its not worth getting out of bed for, just buy a cooper s. bmw spent millions developing the cooper s, how you going to create comething as good lol

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
but just because it's not sensible don't let it stop you :D

seriously if you really wanted to do it it could be done but buying a scrap mcs engine and box may be less work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Supercharging my base model mini

I have a whole separate mini cooper s that doesn't run could i possibly supercharge my mini or should i just sell them both and get an s?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts