MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Chris here again from New Zealand.
I just wanted to share my impressions of my Mini One chipping.
With one sentence: My Mni got wings!!!! What a difference.
But let's start at the beginning: When I got my 2002 Mini One ( 90bhp) last week, I really liked it. You know what I mean: it has a nice interior, it looks beautiful and it drove - just nice.
Than I readhere on the forum about the factory detuning and that you can do something about it.
So I took the plunge, send a mail to SUPERCHIPS.UK and found out within hours that they have already someone here in New Zealand , who wold be able to help.
Don arrived at my place with his laptop, sucked my soft ware file out of the car and send straight back to the UK. Because of the time difference of 12 hours he came back back the same day( at 8.00 pm) and loaded the new data in my car.
Than I paid and after offering a test drive which he declined with a smile: "if you don't like it give me a ring."
To cut the story short: I did not give him a ring that night as my test drive took approx 2 hours!!!!
My Mni got wings! Already on start up you notice something sounds diferent.
Before it was: "Hi honey, lets drive a liitle bid, shall we?"
Now it is: "Come on, get into gear, I want to go !"
Accelaration , sprint from 80 to 150kms , everything dramatically improved.
I only can recommend SUPERCHIPS to everybody who wants a drivable sport MINI without hang ups.
Thanks Don and Peter from SUPERCHIPS NZ ( and I do not get any Money for that)
Now I love it. ( like my first MINI back in 1979, 1300 with Lockhead Brakes)

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
im in the uk and got the bluefin superchip on mine a few days ago, i too love it, ive had a few blasts but ive had to ease off as i always ended up behind another car before giving it some fully,

today though i was first at the traffic lights looking onto a national speed limit road up on the windies near leeds bradford airport.

well i floored the thing when the lights hit green, left all the cars behind me still pulling away, up hill the first bit and it pulled me up accelerating all the way, clean road in front i hit the gas and upped the revs.................wow..it was good before when i tried but had to ease off but this time no traffic i get the foot down, BIIIIIIIIIG GRIN through all the gears.

i wouldnt and couldnt go back now, if you've not got one spend the money as ive seen a few times on here "its the best money you will spend".

another happy mini driver im glad you like yours too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought a 2003 ONE in November for the girlfriend. Previously she had a 2.0 litre Peugeot 206CC and she complained a bit about the lack of power on the motorway going uphill. So I bought the 130bhp Bluefin from Lohen . That included the remapping of the ECU, foam filter and Iridium spark plugs for £365 plus P&P. All really easy to fit provide you've got the correct torx bit for the filter and an extension bar for the plugs.

I'm really impressed with the difference in power. Got up to 125mph (eventually) and acceleration in first gear is really good. Well worth the money.

The 140bhp is £1195 which to me isn't worth the extra.

·
Registered
398 Posts
dont know whether to get an exhaust first or bluefin, i assume an exhaust would help power through out the rev range. i do want bluefin but its quite rare i go over 4000 rpm anyway

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
well mines not got the exhaust on yet, its in the post.

i dont really go over 4k unless im on the windies or on a dual road , id say go for it anyway it is deff quicker of the mark the engine seems to run freely and doesnt seem like its trying as hard in normal driving, i seem to be getting more mpg too which isnt what i would have expected.

no exhaust yet but i have a itg panel filter and the bluefin and its already a better car to drive.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ah you got a filter then, I'm the one that almost sold you a filter if it had fit! I have read that fuel consumption can be better with bluefin, would be a good addition, especially if i could get it for the kind of price you paid. If i change the exhaust i'll probably try do the whole system but i'll wait til second hand parts come up. I think my car looks the part, just need to make it sound the part and go as fast as it looks! what exhaust did you go for?

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
me mr bargain hunter managed to get a used milltek for 120 quid. cant complain.... bluefin (reset 130 quid) and exhaust for less then a new bluefin.

as i said its not turned up yet as its in the post which i had to pay extra for so it works out a 150 really for the exhaust inc the postage, still not bad and a huge saving on new.

im well pleased with my bluefin and more so at the price i got it for.

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
well i can tell you if i hadnt spotted this i wouldnt have had a milltek on, too much money for me new, i would have had a playmini probably but im glad i did find the milltek for that price, ebay is a wonderful place if your on at the right time, the exhaust had been on 20 mins before i saw it and had 3 or 4 views, i was number 5 viewer and clicked on the buy it now as quick as i could.

i cant say what its like but i can say what the bluefin is like and although you dont go over 4k often like me, you will find yourself looking for places where you can and you will lol.

its a different car mate it really is, if id paid 300 for it id still be pleased, just so happens i got lucky on the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts