MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been quoted £270 for a superchip, fully fitted. should take my ONE to 105bhp.

is it worth it?

is there only one type of superchip out there or is there different brands?

cheers!

·
Registered
235 Posts
bryce03 said:

is it worth it?

cheers!
Try the MTH upgrade, figures of around 130bhp have been talked about for the mini 1, and for less than £100.00. Have a look at the thread on MTH below and see what you think.

pubert

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
pubert said:
Try the MTH upgrade, figures of around 130bhp have been talked about for the mini 1, and for less than £100.00. Have a look at the thread on MTH below and see what you think.

pubert
Does the MTH support the diesel as well??

·
MINI2 Jedi Master
1,237 Posts
bryce03 said:

is it worth it?

cheers!

Don't do it, go with MTH as someone else has suggested. Not only can you swap between standard and revised maps (added piece of mind during servicing) but its a fraction of the cost. The software itself only costs about £40 but then you will require a cable (£60) but this is something you could borrow off somebody else if you did want to save ££.

·
Registered
235 Posts
monsta said:
Does the MTH support the diesel as well??
hi monsta,
you still waiting, not sure if he does a diesel version or not, cant say i can remember ever seeing a post about getting a diesel done!

pubert

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Franz at MTH does do diesel!

As for the ONE conversion, it's fantastic it makes the car even better than the standard Cooper & all for £100 :cool:

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
pubert said:
hi monsta,
you still waiting, not sure if he does a diesel version or not, cant say i can remember ever seeing a post about getting a diesel done!

pubert
Yeah still waiting :( Does Franz work weekends?!

·
Registered
235 Posts
monsta said:
Yeah still waiting :( Does Franz work weekends?!
Not sure if he does or not, he did mine at around 7.30pm on a friday evening, so if he likes
to work those hours he may work weekends too.

I did read somewhere on the MTH thread that he did have a bit of a back log to sort, something to do with his computer going down and having to reprogramme a whole batch of ecus again, it may be because of this that he's a bit slow this time.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sent mine to franz on saturday .. didnt get it back till monday.. dont know if it was back log or that he just doesnt work on the week ends. But hey its a weekend he needs time off to enjoy the roads too. So i don't worry. just hang in there its worth the wait.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers guys! im just a bit scared about the MTH incase i did it wrong.

im gonna have a wee read about it again and see what i think.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
bryce03 said:
cheers guys! im just a bit scared about the MTH incase i did it wrong.

im gonna have a wee read about it again and see what i think.
I felt the same, but it really is fantastic :cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
@ Shorty and Bryce03

If you can not download you file do not upload. The only thing that can happen is that the upload screws up. When it does happen you can attempt to upload again. If all fails then BMW has to put the software in the ECU since it will not start.

You can read the thread on NAM with the proper "How to" and all additional infos. Everything is in post #1 so you do not have to read thru the entire thread.

I will ask Paul if I can post it here maybe.

Alex

·
Registered
235 Posts
AlexN said:
@ Shorty and Bryce03

If you can not download you file do not upload. The only thing that can happen is that the upload screws up. When it does happen you can attempt to upload again. If all fails then BMW has to put the software in the ECU since it will not start.

You can read the thread on NAM with the proper "How to" and all additional infos. Everything is in post #1 so you do not have to read thru the entire thread.

I will ask Paul if I can post it here maybe.

Alex
Good idea getting those instrucions on here, seems to be more and more people wanting to do this update. Could also use the thread with the instructions as a bit of a FAQ and problem sorting thread aswell.

pubert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts