MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Which area are you looking at putting new bushings in?

I went with Proflex for engine and gearbox, and superflex for suspension. The reason for using superflex for suspension is they have metal inserts and I have heard that the proflex ones can slip. 1320 did the front wishbone bushes, and Lohen did the engine/gearbox mounts.

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
I have Superflex front wishbone ones, ask Paul @1320 about my reaction after I took it out for a test run after fitting lol! :D

Massive difference, torque steer gone, doesn't pull around on bad camber/uneven roads at all. They aren't cheap but not too expensive either. Paid circa £230 fitted. Money well spent indeed.

Had some vibration initially but my wheels needed balancing after that it went, now its back so may need to balance them again (not sure if this is caused by extra power + stiffer bushes).

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Superflex front wishbone ones, ask Paul @1320 about my reaction after I took it out for a test run after fitting lol! :D

Massive difference, torque steer gone, doesn't pull around on bad camber/uneven roads at all. They aren't cheap but not too expensive either. Paid circa £230 fitted. Money well spent indeed.

Had some vibration initially but my wheels needed balancing after that it went, now its back so may need to balance them again (not sure if this is caused by extra power + stiffer bushes).

Well would be cheap for me as I would fit them myself:)

Think it will be superflex for the wishbone bushes then:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
re:

Whats peoples experience with the two types of bushes?

Which do people prefer?

Do both give similar levels of vibration of is one better than the other?
i'll let you know next week! - i've just ordered superflex gearbox/engine mounts /front trailing arm bush, to be used in combination with APRS & Alta rear antiroll bars. booked in with lohen on the 23rd.

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
i'll let you know next week! - i've just ordered superflex gearbox/engine mounts /front trailing arm bush, to be used in combination with APRS & Alta rear antiroll bars. booked in with lohen on the 23rd.
Speak to Damo about the Alta APRS as I he has had major problems with vibration discribed as "a ridiculous noisy rattle" after just 300 miles. From what I can gather he might be chopping them in for Superflex ones once Lohen have got to the bottom of it.

No noises here just had to rebalance my wheels, I reckon any imbalance will be more noticeable with poly bushes as the wheels no longer flex.

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys, wheres the best place to source the superflex bushes?
Contact [email protected]:biggrin: Thats where I got mine, think price is the same direct from superflex so you might as well support a mini tuner:D (and they can fit them for you)

·
Registered
11 Posts
batou mentioned torque steer in his reply. I have a bit of vibration and pulling of the wheel when accelarating. Is this what you are refering to becasue I could use some advise on how to get rid of that?
Also, my suspension is hard as can get and I want to soften the ride to protect the car. would bump stoppers help a bit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
try to look for the AST front upper inner control arm bushing kit in case you need bushings for your inner upper control arms and look for the AST front lower control arm bushing kit if you're dealing with bushing troubles on your lower control arms. By doing so, rest assured that you'll get the specific bushings you need to restore the efficient functions of any of your control arms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Australian Super Pro are also an excelent choice. I have replaced all my car bushes (front supsension,rear engine and gearbox) and I'm very pleased with them.
Only a minor vibration on the steering wheel with A/C on mostly but other than that no problem.
I have non runflats and they didn't make my ride stiffer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If I want to replace the my rear bushes (R50 Cooper), what do I need to order?

If I look up Powerflex Bushes on ebay, they're loads of option at a range of prices that all look completely different?

Can anyone please explain what I would need or a link to a site they shows what/where all the different bushes go.

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts