MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I Just Can't Get Enough
49,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find it really annoying when supermarkets are really badly laid out so that you can never find anything you want?????

and worse...........they change everything round in your local supermarket, just as you've got used to it :mad:

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Yup :mad:mad:

(Or even worse, when I go to Tesco instead of my usual sainsbury's and get completely lost :( )

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
mad brummie said:
Does anyone else find it really annoying when supermarkets are really badly laid out so that you can never find anything you want?????

and worse...........they change everything round in your local supermarket, just as you've got used to it :mad:
What do you actually mean in the first sentence? Are you saying that 'cos you have difficulty finding something then the store hasn't laid its wares out properly, or is there some other reason?

One of the reasons they change everything around is to make the customer look at its other products, I guess.

(BTW I find it bl***y annoying...).

:)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Tell us what you are trying to find, and MA and I can probably point you to the nearest isle :D

DK :) :apple:

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
i find it annoying that my local sainsburys now has more homeware, electrical goods & clothes than food

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
I find it annoying that i do a big shop - then realise i have brought the Mini (and not our MPV) :rolleyes: oops........12 bags of shopping in the boot is my record :D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Me and the wife can't stand supermarket shopping, so we order on the internet and have ours delivered! :D

That way I can shop and browse MINI2 at the same time!! :p

·
I Just Can't Get Enough
49,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it just seems that somtimes they lay these places out just to confuse :mad: I know they are trying to make you buy stuffyou might not have come in for but still!

The one i was in yesterday was all over the place, a right mess GRRRRRR :p

·
Welcome back...
1,435 Posts
Tone said:
One of the reasons they change everything around is to make the customer look at its other products, I guess.

:)
Bingo, you are right, I used to work in a chain here state side, Shaws, which at one time was owned by Sainsburys. (Thank you for that ugly outfit we had to wear). But the idea is to get you to hunt for stuff and possible see something else you might like or want. After all even if you can't find what your looking for you might get other stuff, and then come back at a later time to get what you were there for in the first place.

Winslow
:eb:

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
Blimey, does it annoy people that much :confused:

I quite enjoy food shopping - you just need to be careful at which time of day you go. Have some sympathy for the people who set up the planograms for the fixtures - they can't keep everyone happy!!!

Also rest assured that they are not trying to make you look harder for the things you want - the biggest selling lines will be at hand height in the centre of the display (which is where most people stand when they start to look for things) as the manufacturers demand this. The problem is we as consumers demand choice - which means more lines, in the same amount of space.

Ah....... category management - that takes me back ;)

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Yes it is extremely annoying that somethings aren't logically placed in supermarkets :mad:

Only recently Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose have moved the garlic and ginger to the "herbs" section. Took me fecking ages to find them :mad: :mad:

From a retail perspective things keep moving as it merchandising. If the products stayed in the same place customers would just go down those particular aisles and not see all products on offer. By shifting things around in a search for what you want your will be exposed to more products and hence maybe tempted to buy them ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
20 Participants
LEECE
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing