MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i am interested in getting a supersprint cat back exhaust for my mcs, does anyone know any shop in sydney that sell supersprint exhaust?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
asinn said:
hi guys

i am interested in getting a supersprint cat back exhaust for my mcs, does anyone know any shop in sydney that sell supersprint exhaust?
Dont know about Supersprint but i have Lambross fitted and it works- good sound plus better breathing .

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
minigolf said:
Hmm, I've never really been able to hear my stock exhaust pop ... now, Giles' small muffler hi-tech on the other hand pops more than a $2 hooker! :p

Thats a bit unusual, cause its a characteristic of the mcs to pop :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
mine popped heaps when standard, and even more with the oneball (which I'm getting sick off, hence the comment below my sig..... which I'm thinking of expanding to include anyone in nsw)

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Fabio said:
Thats a bit unusual, cause its a characteristic of the mcs to pop :confused: :confused:
It's just that Lima drives his car like a bit of a wimp:D:p

Micky... I will swap you mine til whenever I need it back... whadayareck'n??

Todd

·
10,324 Posts
XTREEM said:
Mine (standard) is as quiet as a mouse no popping at all.
When you get off the throttle sharply, it makes a crackle, not very pronounced... certainly no N1 Drifter exhaust, but sounds pretty cool!! Atmopheric pressures and tempratures help too...

Todd

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Wait for IML337 to get on, I think he got a Hitech and said it made no difference on the dyno.

$1200 seems a bit IMHO, there's a straight pipe after the cat and you could copy Alta's design with only one muffler in the system. This saves weight and unnecessary piping. Instead of copying Alta's design braching to the right, branch that solo muffler to the left to assist weight balance. Okok, I know 5kg or so won't do much anyway.........:p

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah I was thinking of getting liverpool exhaust to copy something like the ALTA. they have always done great work for me and are well priced. I dont want it to be loud at all though.

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Livo quoted me $300-350 for a fake Alta (just the end bit where the stock two balls used to be, not including the pipe from the cat back) but I think that's mild steel not stainless. Easily double that if it has to be in stainless.

At the moment I am half-arsed about ripping the Scorpion/PlayMini cat-back off and get Livo to knock something up along the line as the Alta. Anyone want my cat-back? :)

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
I didn't rate the hitech exhaust personally - but that's just my opinion. I didn't see gains on the dyno, but others have... Maybe I should have left it on the car for more than 50km to do the "after" dyno run?

I left my exhaust standard and like it - I'm not into lots of noise. Removing the back seat makes it sound nicer inside the cabin ;) hahaha

I've not heard of anyone selling supersprint exhausts locally.

·
10,324 Posts
I have heard that Supersprints are very costly... like in excess of $2000.

Robbo uses HiTech and says that it is the only one that hasnt burnt out after a few track days so he likes it...

Supersprint can be imported, but Im pretty sure the dude from SA with the Wheel place has them - Craig Williams I think his name is from Wheel Wearhouse from memory...

Can someone correct me if Im wrong??

Todd

·
Registered
624 Posts
i can't remember his name or email, i've actually pmed 1 of the guys that posted in the mini2 boards saying that they sells the supersprint. and he actually sent me a price list to my email which i have now lost, if i don't remember wrong it was actually a VERY resonable price considering the brand and its price relatively to other exhaust in the local.
it was i think $1600 that he quoted thats already with a discount to mini2 members..
if i do find the contact of that guy i would certianly PM that to you.

·
Registered
624 Posts
just found the email regardings the supersprint exhaust .
Todd u sure got very good memory :D
his name is actually the name you have quoted, Craig Williams.
check your PM asinn i will forward that email to you.

·
10,324 Posts
Hey ERICHUI!! YOu got your car??

When? Photos??? There is a PW/PW MCS in Geelong!! All my mates love it!! I still love my CR/B too much though:D

Todd

·
10,324 Posts
I just checked and 'Minis in motion' the Victorian distributors have Supersprints for $3000 approx RRP

Todd

1 - 20 of 54 Posts