MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My baby is due in 2 months and I am wondering if my 2003 MCS sports suspension plus will be too hard for the little one. My wife can now feel the road surface on her bump!

Will any of those adjustable gas/coilovers make the ride softer when needed?

·
going or coming?
1,215 Posts
The tike will love it. The more motion the more fun. Our guy slept just fine in the MCS, but once we turned him forward at a year, he just wants me to go faster for more wind.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Most aftermarket suspension is aimed at improved handling so are harder than the Mini's sports suspension even in their softest settings. This is especially true for coilover kits. Changing to non-runflat tyres are the only sure way to soften the ride, Koni FSD's help as well. To see what I mean look at KONI FSD Dampers Improve Handling Without the Traditional Sacrifice in Ride Quality for an example. I have non-runflats and FSD's to declare a bias :) .

·
Whining....
1,901 Posts
I'm running 18" Runflats and JCW Suspension and my baby girl has no trouble sleeping in the car even on rough roads. Probably depends on the baby more than the shocks though....! :D

Congratulations on your imminent arrival BTW! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SteveM3,
Thanks for the tip. Will have to look our for new wheels when the run flats expires then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts