MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an EB/W MCS directly off a local lot, and it came specced with the chrome exterior. I had my heart set on white mirror caps, to go along with the EB/W look, and dealer offered to order the white mirror caps for me and have them installed.

In the meantime, for the past few days I've been driving along in my MINI with the chrome mirror caps already fitted, and now I'm not so sure I don't want the chrome ones, as the chrome mirrors look pretty sweet with the chrome grill.

Is this something where I can have the dealer fit the new white mirror caps, and keep the chrome ones for if I ever want to swap them out myself? Is this something that can be done pretty easily (meaning, not going to the dealer for an install every time I feel like swapping)?

I've been feeling terribly indecisive lately. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The caps come off and go on fairly easily. I've done mine several times now..
I don't know if this is very descriptive. I pressed on the front of the cap. The seam at the top moved up enough to get the tips of my finger under. Then just follow the seam around wilts pulling out. Install is a little trickier. but once you see the clips it makes sense..
I've been trying out different things things on mine. I think I will paint cheques on them. But I struggling with the layout...
Good luck with yours, You can swap when the mood hits. :)

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the reply. I just found some more descriptions of fitting the mirror caps, after doing some more extensive searching (man, searching is sometimes more difficult than I'd want it to be!!).

Anyways, I think I'll just let the dealer fit the white ones (since it's gonna be free), making sure they know that I want to KEEP the chrome ones as well (so they don't scuff them up). That way, I can get a free wash for the MINI - woo!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Weezgrrl,

I'll gladly take the chrome mirror caps if you are not going to use them. :D I have been thinking of getting chrome caps for a while now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had my dealer replace my mirror caps with black ones (they came BRG because of a screwup with the order). When they took off the old BRG ones and put on the new black ones they gave me the BRG one back (as they should).
There's no reason they should keep the ones you're having replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts