MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Went last night......it was okay.

Im not so keen on the new convertiable MINI's.......the new color range sucks.

I didnt really even stop at the MINI stand......just a quick squiz when i walked past.

I have to say i was very impressed with the models this year........very hot. :D

Daniel

Ps - My suggestion if its worth going this year.

Um for the cars NO way.

For the girls YES way. :)

· The Silverado
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yeah i remember last year alfa romeo had the fitest girls!:p

wouldn't mind seeing the new 911 and boxster.. also want to see how different the 05 mini's look.. but yeah, every year i go and i am a little dissapointed..

we really need something like the detroit motor show.. dont think it will ever happen but:(

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Your so right Benno, last year alfa had the stunners.

This year most stands had good lookers.......i remember last year i think alfa had a girl on every car they where showing.......this year i think alfa only had like 2 girls. :(

Okay well i guess you are all thinking ' why did i go to the show '......well like Benno said its sort of disapointing......so i just made my own fun. :D lol

Daniel

Ps: Just a suggestion - have a few drinks before you go this year......you'll much feel better. ;)

· Boy who made the wolf cry
10,833 Posts
Yeah - I cant imagine that Ford and Holden could afford to produce the cars like their parent companies do... Australian companies have one or two "Show stoppers" per year, at Detroit each company has one or two per catagory - eg - suv, sports car, Minivan, etc.

I'd really like to go to SEMA if I was going to a show!! That would be awesome!! There is also a fair bi of interest in the Mini modding scene there too:)

Todd

· Once lost, now found..
206,741 Posts
Wait a minute....

Carrera GT
Pagani Zonda
Koenigsegg CC
Maserati MC12
Ford GT

The new 997
MINI convertibles

And thats not worth going for?? :eek: Craziness :p :p :p

· Track Addict
2,668 Posts
ScottyB said:
Wait a minute....

Carrera GT
Pagani Zonda
Koenigsegg CC
Maserati MC12
Ford GT

The new 997
MINI convertibles

And thats not worth going for?? :eek: Craziness :p :p :p
Also, dont forget :

Noble
Ford GT
The all ozzie Joss

Also, 5 ferraris on the stand ;)

I've been going to the motorshow for years, and I can never remember seeing so many true supercars in one place :D The only bummer was no lambos :(

I also liked the look of the mini convertible, but I would never buy one. I like the new blue colour. Not so sure about the orange convertible with blue roof :eek:

Cheers

Robbo

· Smurfing Around
42,320 Posts
Just got back.

First Motor Show I have ever been to. I loved it.

The MINIs were great, even had a pedal MINI for baby Smurfn, the cabriolets look good.

Turbo RX8 for Mrs Smurfn

The Ferraris, Porsche Carrera GT, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Ford GT, Joss, Pagani Zonda, Koenigsegg were great to see in person, probably the only chance I will get.

And most stands had good looking models, even for the Mitsubishi Colt :p

Also got the NXT wax and wash in the aftermarket section :D

· Registered
707 Posts
smurfn said:
Just got back.

The MINIs were great, even had a pedal MINI for baby Smurfn, the cabriolets look good.
Hey Smurfn,
Was that one of those convertible baby MINIs as seen on this thread? http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66939

If so, did they give you a price? They are fantastic!

Swamos and I both entered in a raffle today the the QLD BMW/MINI Show and Shine with the prize being one of those push F1 BMWs. I didn't get a phone call. Did you Swamos?

· Smurfing Around
42,320 Posts
AussieMini said:
Hey Smurfn,
Was that one of those convertible baby MINIs as seen on this thread? http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66939

If so, did they give you a price? They are fantastic!

Swamos and I both entered in a raffle today the the QLD BMW/MINI Show and Shine with the prize being one of those push F1 BMWs. I didn't get a phone call. Did you Swamos?
It was the pedal version of that, there is a motored version as well.

The pedal version was $399, not too bad a price I thought. Couldn't hang around long enough to ask about the electric version, had to chase the young smurf. Pity about the colour though. But I do think that we will be getting one for Christmas though :D

· Smurfing Around
42,320 Posts
bkwalker said:
wow.. i like the look of the centre dial things (oil, petrol etc) in the MCS.
chrome looks awesome too!
The chrome does look great, but I still don't really like the chrono pack. At least they then get both dials on the steering wheel. Where would the sat nav go, or can't you have both? :confused:

· The Silverado
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HecticB2 said:
I have to agree with you there too. They look nice , but I still like the Monster Tacho look. :)
guess ill have to see it in the flesh before i make my mind up.. it looks good in the picture though :confused: going to head out this friday:)

anyone know whats in the aftermarket section? same ol' stuff?

· Gone Old School
761 Posts
The aftermarket section was a waste of time.... Shannons take 3/4 of it all.. then there's pioneer stereo... Koensigg and some Audi modifier. overall the show was great and I enjoyed it. Some very funky looking cars.. nothing overly fancy but hey it was good.

· The Silverado
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CanberraCooperS said:
The aftermarket section was a waste of time.... Shannons take 3/4 of it all.. then there's pioneer stereo... Koensigg and some Audi modifier. overall the show was great and I enjoyed it. Some very funky looking cars.. nothing overly fancy but hey it was good.
yeah i think thats the case most of the time.. the aftermarket area isn't anything special.. i think it would be good to have more generic modifyers (not car co specific)... like stands with spings then wheels then stereos maybe exhaust (hi-tech?), rubber thats sort of thing..

· Track Addict
2,668 Posts
CanberraCooperS said:
Hi,

Sounds like you got a bit confused, and missed the "aftermarket alley" :(

The area with Shannons / Koenissegg etc was part of the main display ;)

The aftermarket area was outside, where you buy the tickets. I went there to meet up with Boo and Allan Irwin who have an "OziCozi" stand :cool: As I was chatting to them, I didn't pay too much attention to other stands, but I think there was a tyre stand, car cleaning products, etc

Cheers

Robbo

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.