MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my first Mini was purchased from here and I want to fill in the short version of this story.

1. Buy car and agree will take before paint and wheel works completed to help them hit their sales target before 31st August. (Mistake on my part)
2. Day of collection - Car cannot be taken due to not being able to tax it as post office is closed and car is registered as disabled.
3. Car taken back for MOT, wheel refurb and front splitter repaint. Only one section of splitter repainted, wheels not done at all and they notice oil leak so fix this, oil wasn't topped up and luckily three days later I checked it and that's when I noticed it on bottom line of dipstick. Had to collect car as the car I had borrowed was needed for a demo.
4. Car goes in again for wheels and rest if front splitter paint. Car leaves with 3 out of 4 wheels done leaving one not touched. Two sections of front splitter done but the third missed. Overspray all over front grille, foglamps and JCW badge.
5. Today i get home from work and I get a notice of intended prosecution as on the above day after collecting the car from my office in the morning the salesman gets caught speeding in my car on a dual carriageway moments from my work.

There are small bits in between but overall I'm gobsmacked at the appalling service given so far. In fact I'm at a total loss!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Head of business at Sytner has called me today to resolve the situation.

He was very apologetic and gave me his mobile number so I'm hoping all will be resolved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Doesn't sound like a great experience!

I have to say I had something similar when I bought my car from them in June/July time.
They took my Cooper S hatch as part ex on a Countryman.

Like you they'd agreed to some work that hadn't been carried out by collection day.
It's such a frustrating feeling! How let down do you feel!? And the additional hassle of having to arrange to go back.

I also found on collection day some additional issues not spotted earlier, like an electric window not working and a faulty speaker.
But fair play to Sytner, they had the car back a few days later and resolved everything (about 5-6 issues in total).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm gobsmacked at the appalling service given so far. In fact I'm at a total loss!
Sadly that's the experience I'd expect from them, see my report on Williams Stockport lower down in this section. As a result it's pretty much par for the course!

Head of business at Sytner has called me today to resolve the situation.

He was very apologetic and gave me his mobile number so I'm hoping all will be resolved.
I really do hope it all works out for you and that's the case, unfortunately it wasn't for me, I was simply met with crushing indifference from this chap's Stockport equivalent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts