MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. first posting for me. Purchased a 2015 Mini Cooper 1.5D Auto with Chilli pack and a huge amount of extras for my daughter last week. Purchased from a private dealer in Leicester who had a full service at Sytner Leicester under the TLC contract the day before collection. Now had the car a week and I have had a good look around and had to correct issues missed on the service which I am not impressed with. Firstly, all tyres had cracking on the inside of the sidewall which was not identified. Fronts had 3.5mm and were identified as green with no comments! The front brakes were binding on a fair amount of time as they were full of sticky grease and not many miles remaining. I have replaced both the brakes and tyres to be safe. The centre rear seat belt does not work and they did a brake fluid change and left handful of leaves blocking the drain plug under the servo. Not very impressive for a main dealer. I live in Kent so was not about to drive 2.5 hours to take it back but I am luckily very handy with cars. Annoyed I missed the tyres. I knew I needed new fronts but to have no comments on the service sheets does not leave me with much confidence in the service.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just more evidence of what we all know to be true. A main dealer service history is not a good indicator of a well looked after car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered a brand new Mini from Synter in Leicester. I was going to buy a service plan -now I'm not so sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts