MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any U.S. MINI dealers opening their doors earlier than March 22nd? If you have any information on dealer status, please post here:

U.S. Showroom Status Thread

I'm particularly curious about how dealers are handling their openings. Are they having parties? Sending out invitations? Granted, many of the dealer representatives are in San Francisco now getting their training, but it seems awfully quiet with only 14 days to go.

·
Registered
930 Posts
My dealer is opening their doors on March 15! Don't know of any special arrangements for it though. I was told yesterday the cars would be here on March 23 (I'll be out of town that day :( )!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cars will be arriving at the dealers anywhere from the 10th on, dealer will not be able to sell or order cars until their computers are able to access MINIUSA on the 22nd.

·
Administrator
4,988 Posts
The sign on the local dealer says the 22nd, but I just saw a tiny ad in today's paper that says opening on the 31st. The uncertainty is a bit frustrating, but since I don't have to work on the 31st maybe this will increase my chances of getting a car. I mean that's the big question isn't? I'm still not sure what's going to happen when the dealers out here in California open. We don't seem to have waiting lists so will I be able to just walk in (if I'm early enough) and buy a car on opening day, or maybe just place an order? One dealer said they weren't taking orders, but then why is MINIUSA making such a big deal about "build your own MINI?" Anyone have any info on this? Any dealers or MINIUSA reps out there?

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
East Bay MINI in Pleasanton CA is selling at MSRP, has a waiting list and will be allowing customers to spec their own cars once the ordering system is activated.

Apparently there are a few dealers who order cars spec'd the way they see fit and then sell them to interested parties.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anybody planning on taking the day off from work, pitch a tent and be the first to drive an S or are you going to wait a while, a day or two, and then go to the dealership for a test drive?

·
Administrator
4,988 Posts
No tent pitching for me unfortunately. Since I'm a college instructor I can't really skip work (no substitute teachers), but I'm certainly going to drive over to the dealership between classes if they open on a work day. The two closest dealers to me are both doing first come, first served, which seems like it could mean that if you're unlucky and not there fast enough a few times you might not even be able to order a car this year.

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
No tent pitching. In fact I'll be visting my sister in Tuscon AZ on the 22nd (I'm a Virginian). But... If I can convince my wife (and sister) I may just take a road trip up to Phoenix for the opening!!! Otherwise, I'll take off work the day after we return and schedule a test drive on a quiet workday as opposed to a crowded weekend!

·
Registered
121 Posts
:( I'll be in the Outer Banks during the launch weekend, so it'll have to wait until afterwards.........or maybe before??? :D :D

I'm #1 on the list and the cars are all pre-spec'd....I'll be inspecting those and taking my choice, unless I decide on a Cooper S (still can't make up my mind)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts