MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many (most?) of the U.S. MINI dealerships open their doors March 22nd, now only 30 days away. A couple will open earlier, and several will open later, but here we are, just 30 days out already. Wow.

Should we pitch tents near the showrooms to get good seats? :)

I don't know if it will happen, but at some point I heard that MINI (or some of its dealers) might issue pagers to waiting customers. When a car is ready for pickup, the pager will go off, instantly alerting the customer. It's an interesting marketing technique. ("Oh, what's that? Are you a doctor?" "No, that's my MINI pager, but you could say I'm expecting.")

·
Registered
930 Posts
I've heard about the pager thing........would be pretty cool! Drove by our local MINI dealer yesterday, the showroom is almost finished :D

My friend's dad has a restored '64 Cooper S which the dealer has asked to borrow (most likely they will) for the launch in March. It's gonna be exciting!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Will there be a new list for test drives? Or a refreshment stand, so people can quench their thirst while waiting in the queue.

Should definitely be an E ticket ride.

I wonder how many people besides myself will bring a Camera, paper and pen, to jot down all of the things we still don't have answers for.

EX: Is there a cut-off switch for the passenger side airbags?

Who's going to be the first to sit in the back seat on a test drive?

·
Registered
283 Posts
This wait is killing me!

We should get more info after the MINI sales people complete their training in San Francisco the first week of March.

·
Registered
171 Posts
S2000&CooperS said:
I've heard about the pager thing........would be pretty cool! Drove by our local MINI dealer yesterday, the showroom is almost finished :D

My friend's dad has a restored '64 Cooper S which the dealer has asked to borrow (most likely they will) for the launch in March. It's gonna be exciting!!
I have sat in the back, not as bad as you would think.

·
Registered
930 Posts
loder said:

I have sat in the back, not as bad as you would think.
I think it's the other post you were thinking of.

Yes, I sat in the back seat also while my friend who is maybe 5'10 or so sat in the front seat. It was pretty comfortable (I'm 5'7") although my toes were under the seat but there was plenty of headroom and kneeroom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just today i received notice from the clearwater mini dealership that they would have their 'premier' on feb 24th. no test drives, but the cars will be availble for the general public to view.

·
Registered
20 Posts
clearwater dealership viewing

just today i received notice from the clearwater mini dealership that they would have their 'premier' on feb 24th. no test drives, but the cars will be availble for the general public to view.

coolblue how did you recieve notice? I am also registered at this dealership and should be low on the list but have not heard anything from them in a long long time

·
Registered
8 Posts
eastbay mini in pleasanton mailed out a box with the motoring booklet, a small poster, and a diecast 1/28th size MINI! it was a cool gesture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
got it via email. i called the number listed on the mini webpage a few months ago and have been getting periodic updates since.

To all of you who have been so eager, loyal & patient about the upcoming arrival
of the new MINI -

Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay invites you to our private open house premiering the
all-new MINI Cooper for your viewing (sorry, test drives will not be available).
Please join us on Sunday, February 24, 2002 from noon until 3:00 p.m. at the
newly-renovated Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay location at 31400 U.S. Highway 19 North
in Palm Harbor. Directly adjacent to Ferman BMW, we are located on the west
side of U.S. Highway 19 North, just 2 miles north of Countryside Mall and just ½
mile south of Tampa Road (and we are only 8-1/2 miles west of Westchase, taking
Hillsborough Avenue / Tampa Road to US 19, and then go south).

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

MINI. Let's Motor.

you can reach them at [email protected]. they seem pretty good about responding. i sent them a response to the above noted email around 6pm and asked for info on when the 's' would be available. i have already received a response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts