MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
48 hours.

I have only two more days to wait. I can't wait to see our new car. The other good news is that the buyers of our 02 won't pick her up until Saturday afternoon so I'll be able to get pics of the two Minis together before Indimini leaves us.

Now I just need to wait to hear from my MA about the tires that are on the car. If they have Dunlops, I may wait a bit until ordering the Toyos. Otherwise, its time for a quick visit to Edgeracing web site today. :)

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
indimini said:
48 hours.

I have only two more days to wait. I can't wait to see our new car. The other good news is that the buyers of our 02 won't pick her up until Saturday afternoon so I'll be able to get pics of the two Minis together before Indimini leaves us.

Now I just need to wait to hear from my MA about the tires that are on the car. If they have Dunlops, I may wait a bit until ordering the Toyos. Otherwise, its time for a quick visit to Edgeracing web site today. :)

YAY! i have T-Minus 5 days. the hours number was too high and a bit sad so i went with days. I'll be motoring on tuesday. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
T minus 16 hours

I am scheduled to take delivery of my MCSC tomorrow at 1 pm. My MA has the predelivery checklist provided by a nice MINI2 board member. Unfortunately the weather is horrible here in the mid Atlantic, cold and rainy. My twin grandsons are going to ride home with me for the weekend so it should still be a good trip home from Towson to Hagerstown. Hope to get the top down for at least a few minutes, perhaps in the garage with a Christmas CD playing Jingle Bell Rock. Will try to post some pics on Sunday evening after I swap out the wheels and tires.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just 14 hours until we head out to the dealer. I am so excited and a bit nervous. Seems silly but the anticipation of seeing my spec in person for the first time is so great. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

On a less happy note, my buyers for my 02 can't pick up the car as planned (although they're still taking it.) Seems the Maryland MVA is filled with people who just don't get it. They required a "release of lien" from my lender - which is reasonable. But they wouldn't accept a fax from my lender that the buyer brought in. Of course, the MVA would accept a fax from the lender. That's so brain dead if you ask me - they are worried about "fraud" w/ the fax copy but they have no problems assuming if they receive a fax that it is legit.

But that means I get to take pictures of the two Minis together this weekend :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We picked up our Mini this morning. Dreary rain and drizzle and a cool temperatures (48 F) greated us at the dealer :(. The entire review and purchase process was excellent - a special thanks to Brad Bornman and the team at Mini Towson!

I did find some immediate benefits while driving home in the rain - I was able to test the rain sensing wipers (they worked beautifully) and made sure that the rain didn't come into the car (I am much luckier in that regard than Howardpm.)

Overall impressions of the car fall into the category of "wow!" The car feels so solid as compared to my 02 build (which still feels really good.) And the chrome line interior w/ the leather just makes the car seem so upscale -- more mature somehow.

I brought my Whalen to the dealer and put it on right there on the delivery room. My MA thought that was really cool. ( I wasn't sure if they'd be too keen on seeing a customer mod'ing a car on site - even a simple change like the shift knob.)

My only complaint so far is that the VDC prep team failed to do any of the user programming that I had requested via the e-mail sent to me by Mini USA. So, right now I'm stuck with the daytime running lights (not a big deal, I just don't like them) and the auto locking doors (a growing nuisance since we often have stuff in the boot and it says locked when I get out.)

So far (only 100 miles), the car is rock solid. No rattles - at least none I could hear over the HK stereo which sounds so much better than the stock system. A definite nice upgrade for those who don't want to deal w/ aftermarket stereos imho. We were able to get the top down for a drive to a Christmas party in the afternoon. Kids were huddled in the back seat under a blanket with jackets over their ears, but they insisted we keep the top down. (That was very sweet of them to humor me that way :) )

The car came with the Dunlop runflats. Not bad, but they'll soon be up for sale as my Toyo Proxes 4 are on their way. So if anybody in the DC metro area wants a set of almost new Dunlops, PM me.

I'll try to get pictures up this weekend. Mini (no name yet) needs a bath or at least a rubdown before I will post any photos of her.

Any concerns or misgivings I had upgrading are long gone :D:D

(Oh and one last cool thing -- my MA said I may have the first car in the States w/ the factory installed rear fog lights. Mini announced it the day before I went into production and my MA kept pinging the order system every hour until they were added. Even if it's not true, I'm going to believe that I was "first" with rear fogs on an 05 ;) )

·
Registered
127 Posts
Min'e here too!!

I picked up my MCSC the day before indimini from the same dealer. Similar story about the programming options but I live about 2 hours away so I will live with the settings I have for a while. Car is solid and BEAUTIFUL! I was missing my Indi Blue tin top as I sold it 3 weeks before I took delivery. But the wait was worth it. Only problem has been the weather. Cold, rainy and not it's supposed to snow next week. I did get my calipers painted today, took off the OEM wheels and runflats and mounted my Flik Wheels fitted with Proxes 4 tires. Will try to posts pics even though the car is not as clean as I would have liked.

First pic as at the dealer. Second and third are at my house.Here goes:

Attachments

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
Today!

i'm picking up my baby this afternoon!!!!! Hooray the wait is finally over! Now if the weather would just warm up above 28 it would be fabulous. Although, I did spring for the wind deflector, so 28 just might be ok :cool: motor!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations mukimmy99! I hope the delivery goes smoothly. Make sure they programmed your preferences before you leave - the only issue w/ my delivery.

Cool blue with the black top looks fantastic - I hope you love yours as much as we love ours. I'm sending "warm thoughts" your way, although it seems like the cold weather has a mind of its own. It was too cold this morning to take the kids to school w/ the top down :(.

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
indimini said:
Congratulations mukimmy99! I hope the delivery goes smoothly. Make sure they programmed your preferences before you leave - the only issue w/ my delivery.

Cool blue with the black top looks fantastic - I hope you love yours as much as we love ours. I'm sending "warm thoughts" your way, although it seems like the cold weather has a mind of its own. It was too cold this morning to take the kids to school w/ the top down :(.

I picked Lola up yesterday!! Unfortunately, it was a whopping 17 degrees this morning, so needless to day, we had our first day of motoring with the top closed. I do hear its going to be it the 40s on Friday so we're gonna give it a go. Chalk me up as another elated motorer!

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
So I'm not the only one who took delivery in crappy weather :rolleyes:

Good on y'all - to borrow a phrase from my friends in Texas - sounds like there's a whole bunch of happy new Cabrio families here of late. Elation is a good way to put it Mukimmy99!

Peter...waiting for photos...in Denver

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A few pics of my new baby

Not the best pics - car's a bit dirty and I'm not very good with a camera. (That's my wife's job :) )

In the second picture you can see my Indi Blue 02. The console shows off my complete set of toggles and my Whalen. :)

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
Its beautiful indimini! Looks exactly like mine except I dont have an S. I'll get pics up eventually!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Low 40's here, sunny skies and no wind. This car is awesome on days like today. :D:D

Just got back from scheduling a time to put the Toyo's on the car. The guy at NTB was floored when I told him mileage was 315. He's like "why are you putting new tires on the car?" Very entertaining. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts