MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i just got my MCS and i have a question about the tachometer. it looks as if there are lights that light up before the redline, but they have not been lighting up. this may be a dumb question but i am new to the community so i apologize, but right before the redline lights light up it looks like there are 4 dashes that look like the ones that light up before the redline. i thougt this was like the M3 where they light up signaling engine warm up and safe revs for the engine temp. any insight would be helpful . Thank You.

·
Registered
49 Posts
These lines show where the part of the rev range where peak power is reached on the Mini One 90 bhp at 5,500rpm not much point reving the engine after this you will gain more speed if you change up a gear. However the peak power in a Cooper and Cooper S is reached at 6000rpm so why they dont put in different markings I dont know (penny pinching probably).
I think my stats are right correct me if I'm wrong. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.