MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As some of you may have read in the MCS forum, I am thinking about getting a second hand MCS in the next few moths or so.... current car is a MK4 GTI

I had a go in a work friends MCS today and I was really impressed, very agile and keep going. My only concern is my size :D

I am 6ft 3" or 191cm and although I feel comfortable in it I was just wondering how taller memebers here get on in their minis?

- do you get used to the size after a while?

Many thanks for looking.

ox :blblack:

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
My dad is just over 6ft 3 and had an original mini!! He can drive my MC fine. When I took the MC out for a test drive there was me driving (and I am 5ft 10 - not short for a girl!), my dad in the passenger seat (as previously mentioned just over 6ft 3) and my brother and the mini salesman in the back (my bro is 6ft 2 and the mini salesman was over 6ft 3) so quite a full car and we did all get in and the car was moving!!!

The good thing with the mini is the seats slide ride back so plenty of room for tall people - this doesn't leave much leg room in the back but then again when I am driving there is still virtually none and as long as I am not in the back, I don't care!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm 6'3", have taken a number of lengthy trips (over 1K miles each) and have no problems. My MC is fitted with the leather sports seats with lumbar support. I suspect that I keep the seat set higher than most, but still have enough headroom. If I lowered it down, there would be tons of room up there. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jules!

Thanks for your comments.

Your right 5ft 10" is rather large for a lady, about the same size as my sis!

Anyway, that was one full car you had there! I think when I test drive one at the weekend I will make sure that I have a full play with the seats because I think I was not so sure today.

I saw a work friend and they said I looked massive in it! lol - not sure if that is a good thing!

I felt comfortable enough. My last car was a VW polo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave, we share the same name and height, nice one! :cool:

1k trips, thats good to know, no back pain at all?

I will miss the space where my elbows rest on my golf, but a small price to pay I suspect.

·
fully ISO 3103 Compliant
300 Posts
I am 6'8" and have no problem with my MINI One. But it is 3.5 seater as the seat don't go all the way back but theres not much room behind. I have done about 8K on it so far and still love it, and have no posteur problems.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
woooh!

6ft 8" now that is tall!

·
Registered
251 Posts
im nearly 6"4, or arround that and have no problems, i dont use the lumber support i dont think its that comfey, but on long trips ive never had a problem, i do ahve short arms the which is slightly annoying as there is now way to move the streeing towards you...

I have the streeing pushing right up and its annoying when other people move it as i can barley fit in after them! tons of room and the side door makes a great arm rest i find :)

Dec

·
fully ISO 3103 Compliant
300 Posts
I don't like the lack of arm rests on either side, you can't really lean on them.

I would make a comment about not knowing I'm tall but I'm in a good mood :p

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Im 6.3ft I have the seat all the way back and its ok for like 2 hours solid driving then my legs and back can start to ache but after a 15mins stop im good to go again.
Still dont regret getting a mini though :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, sorry mate, I was just unsure what to say.

I do like that about the golf, the doors are very comfy.

Booked a test drive for 12 o'clock in Norwich! yippe!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rich_IX said:
Im 6.3ft I have the seat all the way back and its ok for like 2 hours solid driving then my legs and back can start to ache but after a 15mins stop im good to go again.
Still dont regret getting a mini though :D
Yep, I think I would have to do the same mate. Will try that out on the test drive :)

I think my legs and back start to ache after 2 hours driving in the Golf to be honest.

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
My hubbie is 6ft 4ins tall and I insisted he drove the car before I ordered it. Not much point in him not being able to drive it is there! He was fine, not a problem......thankfully! In fact he was pleasantly surprised himself, I don't think he thought he would fit in!!

Not sure what I would have done he not fitted in........divorce perhaps?? :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LoL,

I like your style!

Does he drive it much? or do you not let him near it?

·
The Mini In ME
130 Posts
Nephew is 6'7"

On a recent 'family gathering' the first 2 hours were taken up by my relatives taking OB for a test drive. I had to give in and let 7 of them drive him.

My nephew is 6 feet 7 inches and he is now 'saving his pennies' so he can buy one. He could not get over how comfortable he was and he had more room than he needed.

So ..... the rest of the people ranged from 5 feet 4 inches .... all the way up.

Great testimonal!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Indeed! great to hear that story.

But the sounds of it I am not likley to have any problems. In fact on reflection I think the polo was a fair bit smaller inside!

I think I will miss the interior of the golf in a way, because it is so refined. Things like the indicator stalks are a bit flimsly compaired with the golfs, but these are minor things. I did grin so much when I was getting that supercharger rumbbling! :)

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
I hope ya end up gettin a mini they are a wicked car to drive :D
You wont reget it if you do....

·
fully ISO 3103 Compliant
300 Posts
Now my brother has a Polo and in his car the roof is so high, that I can bounce on the seats ( if I wanted)

Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would keep your desire to jump up and down on the seats to yourself mate ;) -j/k

Well the polo is more of a high sided vehicle, do you think you could check it for me to see how different it is? Is the car a new model?

Got to wait some months before I do get one, then I will have a massive task of finding the right one. HAS to be ALL black and the 17" alloys and Chilli Pack would be nice too ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
my boyfriend is 6'9" (mostly legs) and alhtough he doesn't get to drive Mr. Q often, the couple of comments he has made are it's hard to see the traffic signals (but umm I have that problem too at nearly a foot shorter), and the pedals are a bit close for his feet.

room wise the car is fine for him, he too has to have the seat all the way back and reclined a bit (but that's how he rides in his car too). He hasn't mention any back soreness on any of our long rides, but the heated seats are just the ticket when that happens.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.