MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sounds about right for a main dealer, guessing ~£100 per hour labour, the rest parts. Why not DIY and save some money? It's as basic a job as it gets.
Failing that, find a decent garage for the job, at least you'd save on labour costs. As long as they're Vat registered and stamp your service booklet your history and any warranty should stay intact.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
170? for a service? I can tackle a full service provided I have the tools and parts in 30-40 minutes. Try getting and doing the stuff yourself and you could save loads of cash.

And getting to know your car is a good thing aswell

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Not knowing where you are and what Gen Mini you own, For a Gen 1 your looking at about $24 for the oil filter, Approx $70 for 5 litres of oil (Castrol) from an auto store. Assuming you have a 36mm socket to remove the oil filter cover and a socket for the Oil drain plug and 2 x jack stands to support the car, your still looking at $100 if you DIY so considering your looking at around $70-$80 labour for about a 30-40 min job (while the oil drains) its not a difficult job. Just don't forget to use the correct torque on the drain plug especially as your threading steel into alloy and don't want to strip the threads and don't over tighten the oil filter cover either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes im based in midlands uk lol
need the auto box oil changing too. Its a 2010 cooper s clubby! Any ideas how much it will cost for fluid change in box?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
because your tranny is an aisin unit it was used in some small toyotas and the fluid from mini is 35 quid a quart
but there is a fluid made by toyota called type 4 which is 4 quid a liter and is the same thing!!. you are looking at 9 liters 8 quarts

assuming your mechanic charges 100 quid an hour

you are looking at 2-3 hours so 200-300 quid plus 46 quid fluid so it will cost you around 246-346 quid.

assuming your mechanic doesn't take too long it shouldnt break the bank too much XD

·
Registered
43 Posts
If your MINI is over 4 years old, you can get 'value servicing', which for an oil service for mine is £134...

Google MINI Value Service and put your reg in...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts