MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 456 Posts

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An end of season run through the yorkshire dales (again :rolleyes: ), starting in Skipton at 10:30am & taking a fairly direct route to the famous Tan Hill Inn - the highest pub in the UK. We will then spend several hours at the pub before taking the same route back to Skipton. The run itself is only 42 miles each way but it does take in the Buttertubs Pass & some fairly hairy climbs up to Tan Hill. The idea is to make this more of a social day than all out driving.

Tan Hill Inn have agreed to lay on food for us at a discount. There will be a selection of sarnies & chips for £3 per head for the group. If you are definately coming i need £1 deposit per head in advance. Don't bother with cheques - pop £1 in an envelope & mail it to me. PM me for my address please. If you want to go mad & send the whole £3 in one go, feel free :p

Due to the roads, & the fact that the Inn have agreed to feed us at a discount i am setting a strict limit of 25 cars for this run, with a reserve in case of drop outs. The list of those interested so far is below - please confirm so that others can take your place if you can't make it.

Start/End point is the Town Hall Car Park off the high street in Skipton. This is signposted as you enter the town & the postcode for you sat nav'ers is BD23 1AH

route & directions Here

Tan Hill Inn website http://www.tanhillinn.co.uk/
  1. me + mrs hat
  2. parc77 +1 - paid in full
  3. nick bardsley +1 - paid in full
  4. rich hardaker - paid in full
  5. laura + stu - paid in full
  6. lee h
  7. taz
  8. northandy + sam - paid in full
  9. mad brum + clare - deposit paid
  10. monkeyhanger + pam
  11. klf - paid in full
  12. villa mini + 1 - deposit paid
  13. merlin2 + 1 - paid in full
  14. veron781/ UKC4 +1 - paid in full
  15. tom coops - paid in full
  16. maquis73 - paid in full
  17. ian clarke +2 - paid in full
  18. rich ix/ scooby212 - paid in full
  19. matty_p
  20. john england - paid deposit
  21. beebee +1 - paid deposit
  22. mini_trainer
  23. jason1wood

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mad brummie said:
oooooooooooooh Gayle, the Mill there was featured on Restoration last night :D
i saw a bit of that. don't be getting all architect nerdy & stopping for a look :p

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
looking forward to this one Hat, you can pop round and collect ya money, might give ya a cup of tea too:D

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm sure some already on the list will drop out. i know it seems tough but theres no way a huge convoy of cars is going to get up there & the pub istelf isnt that big!

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
interceptor said:
When was the list done? :)
in secret by an un-named committee :rolleyes: :p

i touted the idea around to gauge the interest level so i could commit to something with the pub

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
interceptor said:
When was the list done? :)
intial interest was discussed and dates in the Northern meet threads, so list was started before the thread:)

the thread is so that a few others could join in, and then so that organising it could be filtered out.

1 - 20 of 456 Posts
About this Discussion
455 Replies
43 Participants
LMB
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing