MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Go Go Gadget Mini
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought i would start this to try and record from now how much it costs for me and all of you people to fill up the humble mini.

I had to visit the local watering hole for the car and it cost me a whopping £61.18 to fill up.

How much is it costing you and how often

Oh heres my reciept to prove my cost :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
OH MY GOD

And how long does that last you?

When I was taking my car back to the dealers the other week - my MINI had to go up a hill for about a minute and in that time it drained the petrol sooo much...I dont think the goverment are all to blame - partly yeah but the MINI isnt that great on fuel is it lol

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
I put about 50/60 quid in a week. Lasts about 350 miles as i run super! Better mpg because of it i think.

Will scan some receipts from the next fill up lol

·
I can't get no sleep
868 Posts
Mess if i where you mate i'd edit that bill its got your card details on it could be used card fraud and all that and yeah £60 to fill up is shocking :aargh:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I filled up with normal 95 unleaded today after seeing the price of super today (texaco). I normally only use super or tescos 99, I'm really just experimenting to see if I notice a difference and boy do I!

·
Go Go Gadget Mini
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OH MY GOD

And how long does that last you?

When I was taking my car back to the dealers the other week - my MINI had to go up a hill for about a minute and in that time it drained the petrol sooo much...I dont think the goverment are all to blame - partly yeah but the MINI isnt that great on fuel is it lol
Well normally i put around 35-40 in a week, but going down to lakes run this weekend so this will probs last til sunday night. I get around 33/34mpg and do around 250-300 miles a week.

A lot like this thread then? :p
Yeah something like that :wink: Looked but couldnt find anything like that. Hope fully this will be kept better upto date

Mess if i where you mate i'd edit that bill its got your card details on it could be used card fraud and all that and yeah £60 to fill up is shocking :aargh:
With most of the card number showing **** its doubt full but ive erased it just to be sure :)

haway man, you filled up in Gosforth. It'll all be posh petrol up there man
lol Posh petrol. :D I was trying to get to Darras Hall but would have ran out by then :p

I can honestly say ive never noticed a difference with cheap petrol or super petrol....

what kind of differences are you seeing?
Better mpg, Car is more responsive, there is a lot less vibration through the engine and car and it just feels so much nicer to drive. Ill never go back to cheap stuff again as long as i can help it. Those extra few pence is worth it.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I thought that Minis only held 50l! Obviously they hold more than the official figures!

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
normal unleaded versus higher octanes? yes there is a difference and there have been many threads about this but basically higher octanes burn hotter and faster - more bang for your buck - this cleans the interior of your systems so gases flow easier hence the better response and mpg figure

as for amounts put in lowest I ever had was 5 miles to go and that scared me

Doesnt help of course that the higher octane fuels cost more

As for blaming the government yes they are at fualt with the ridiculously high duty rates on fuels in this country but if the price of oil goes up the companies raise prices at the pump to maintain profit margins striaghtawaw, but when the prices drop I dont see the prices coing down as fast so it is not always the government's fault, apart from as I said the duty rates

·
Registered
24 Posts
I fill my cooper s up with v-power unleaded every 5-6 days as do a lot of driving for my job! It costs me generally about £50-£55 each time. I had to start filling up with v-power as my mini ran really badly with normal unleaded in it. Its just so expensive.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Mine runs fine on 95 - must be a 'cheap' car :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts