MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone got team dynamic pro race alloys on there mini? was thinking of getting them for my mini one. my uncles a racing drivier (british touring cars championship) and i know he uses them there suposed to be verry light weight. look good aswell. recon theyd suit a indy blue?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats extreamly rare though, even he said that. have you got any pictures of your car on team dynamics? would be nice to have a look.
cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats extreamly rare though, even he said that. have you got any pictures of your car on team dynamics? would be nice to have a look.
cheers

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I have pro race 1.2s (a street rated leightweight wheel) - They are great, cheap, nearly as light as OZs and durable too. I live in the sticks and the roads are aweful and they have not buckled yet, unlike several other brands of both heavy and lightweight wheel i have used on my MINI and other cars in the past!

The BTCC use a specially made wheel which is the pro race 1.3 motorsport wheel (this is not rated for use on the road and as such TD will probably not sell you them). The PR 1.2 is a road approved copy of this track wheel. Its a touch heavier, but this is to allow it extra durability and safety on the road.

I can't recomend these enough as a good cheap british alternative to some of the big brands like OZ etc.

Ohj and yes the older pro race 1s are very rare, theres a few folks knocking about with them. Woodsy bear used to have them on his track mINI before he swapped to what I think was a caterham, he sold them to anoputher local mini owner. TD don't make these anymore (slightly different spoke location to the 1.2s etc, but very much looked the same wheel)
R

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Im running the TD 1.2 Pro Race S Colourline on my R56 S, think they weighed in at only 7.9kg a wheel.. Had them for a few months now, no problems, and handling is ok, I do push the car very hard into corners...Got them made in a 45 offset, so close to the 48 thats standard.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
ThinkMINI a site sponcer sell them in whatever offset you want at great rates. They can get any style and colour too. Specially sized 56.1 hubs for the MINI (not the general sized ones with a plastic fitting ring like you gety from halfords or demon tweeks normally.

·
Registered
92 Posts
They are on my list of mods. I want them in either white or an anthracite/grey.

Will be hitting up ThinkMINI if nothing comes up second hand.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I might be selling mine second hand in the new year as i'm opting to go to a bigger offset due to running coilovers and low,and wanting to open the track up on the front. I'll pm you if I decide to to see if your interested. I ran mine on ET45 in 7x17 for a few years now, they are great wheel IMO.

Thinks deals were looking very good though, esp as they are custom made to correct hub size etc.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
No worries... Always happier to sell to MINI folks than just on the ebay ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I might be selling mine second hand in the new year as i'm opting to go to a bigger offset due to running coilovers and low,and wanting to open the track up on the front. I'll pm you if I decide to to see if your interested. I ran mine on ET45 in 7x17 for a few years now, they are great wheel IMO.

Thinks deals were looking very good though, esp as they are custom made to correct hub size etc.
I'm looking to run et38 on the front and et45 on the back but am thinking about adding coilovers so that I can use the car on the track.

If I do this, which I need to change the front offset?

·
Registered
988 Posts
northerner, if Richard doesn't know, have a look in the ThinkMINI forum and there's a Team Dynamics topic - ThinkMINI can make any offset etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts