1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our Second Tech Day

Will feature information about Tires and Suspension. You will lean about:

* all-weather vs summer tires

* what tires work best in the rain? snow?

* what are the plusses & minuses of run-flats?

* why (besides BLING!) do people use different wheels?

* 15" vs 16" vs 17" tradeoffs

* what are these words: caster, camber, roll center and why do I care?

The event will take place on Saturday, January 8 at John's garage. See address information below.

Start time: 10:00 am
Coffee and doughnuts provided.
End time: Learning session ends 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm.
Lunch follows for those who want to join us.

Please RSVP to [email protected]. John can handle just about as large a group as we can throw at him.

Please RSVP by New Years' Day. When you RSVP please give me:

1. # people coming
2. # MINIs coming
3. If you are staying for lunch

Please plan on arriving between 9:30 am to 9:50 am, so we can start right on time at 10:00 am.

Address is:

Glenelg Service Center
2480 Route 97
Glenwood, MD 21738

Phone: 410-489-0230

Bring a chair to sit in as some of the session will be classroom style. (No tests, I promise!) Dress semi-warmly. The garage is heated, but it is a large space to heat and there might be some "cold spots."

LUNCH PLANS
We will have a casual lunch at a neighborhood restaurant called the Lucerna Grill. For those who came last time, this is a nice place, good people and the food tasted great and was reasonably priced.
It is located at 2465 Roxbury Mills Road (MD Route 97) just across the street from Glenelg Service Center. We'll be at tables of 4-6 people. Lunch is order off the menu, pay on your own. They will do checks per table, so come prepared to do a little math.
The menu is attached.

EVENT FEE
Please bring $1.00 per person to help DCMM reimburse John for the coffee and doughnuts. Any money above this amount will go to the treasury to help fund future events.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like an informative session,

I am going to try to make this event. I have been out of touch for a while due to work and family. My new Cabrio has me excited again about being a MINI Motorer. Sold my 02 Cooper and was without a MINI for a while. New Cabrio is everything my Cooper wasn't. Hope to see some familiar faces at this event. :)

Attachments

·
Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This Event Is Not Cancelled

I've had an e mail from someone who heard or saw posted that this event has been cancelled. In case you see this or hear this:

This event is not cancelled. The only way it would be cancelled is if something freakish with the weather happens and it is unsafe for people to drive there

If anyone does come across a posting saying this event has been cancelled, please let me know and correct it.

Thanks.

BTW - we have about a dozen RSVP's so far. Keep em coming.

·
Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rmorin said:
I am going to try to make this event. I have been out of touch for a while due to work and family. My new Cabrio has me excited again about being a MINI Motorer. Sold my 02 Cooper and was without a MINI for a while. New Cabrio is everything my Cooper wasn't. Hope to see some familiar faces at this event. :)
Looking forward to seeing you. I think you will see quite a few old timers from DCMM there

·
Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AprilWhine said:
Bump for a very good event.

Besides, anything Jen organizes is worth attending. ;)
You're too sweet! :D

We have 25 cars and about 37 folks lined up for this event, with about 25 people staying for the lunch.

See you all there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts