MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am in the long winded process of registering my 2005 MINI Cooper S convertible- attached is a picture!

The car was originally from the Channel Islands and I am in the process of filling in the relevant forms (V55/5).

I was wondering if anybody could help by providing some technical information which can be found on the reverse of the V5 or logbook:

Type,variant, version, revenue weight(kg), CO2 g/km, max permissible mass, mass in service, sound levels (stationary, engine speed, drive-by), exhaust emissions (CO, HC, NOx) and any other data on particulates.

Many thanks
A8C677E4-C23F-4C1D-BD0A-B5FACBC9C7AD.jpeg

·
Registered
920 Posts
YES THE VALUE ADDED TWAT LOL
I looked at buying a car first registered in Jersey once as it appeared to be good value, until I learned how much VAT was also payable despite the car already being on the mainland. So if you’re calling me a TWAT for pointing that out I thank you, if you’re calling the tax a TWAT I agree with you.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
I looked at buying a car first registered in Jersey once as it appeared to be good value, until I learned how much VAT was also payable despite the car already being on the mainland. So if you’re calling me a TWAT for pointing that out I thank you, if you’re calling the tax a TWAT I agree with you.
no was not calling you a twat how long have you been on here seen my posts have i ever had a go at someone when they dont have a go at me,,, its just a saying because its a twat to pay tax,, or if you have ever been divorced and get the legal bill,,, at the end of the amount it says VAT owed ie its deffo valued added twat at that point,,, or if ever had to deal with the vat tax man thats a totally different level lol

·
Registered
920 Posts
no was not calling you a twat how long have you been on here seen my posts have i ever had a go at someone when they dont have a go at me,,, its just a saying because its a twat to pay tax,, or if you have ever been divorced and get the legal bill,,, at the end of the amount it says VAT owed ie its deffo valued added twat at that point,,, or if ever had to deal with the vat tax man thats a totally different level lol
LOL I run my own business, I hate tax, I work hard and get what’s left over.

I assumed you were aiming at the tax, I think my big bro thought otherwise....he’s protective over his little brother :)

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
LOL I run my own business, I hate tax, I work hard and get what’s left over.

I assumed you were aiming at the tax, I think my big bro thought otherwise....he’s protective over his little brother :)
deffo was not pointed at you on any bitter twisted level i also hate being taxed on top of tax on top of tax,, dreading next year when the government comes up with the coronatax some how,, for sure us workers will from all levels pay for whats coming next at some point,, then add the backlash of brexit at end of year its going to be a special time for many, just glad i have more people wanting to have cars fixed than not,, garages with big over heads are going to suffer a fair bit new car sales will be on its arse so used cars will be king for a while thats my prediction, holiday trade social trades are in for a double hit me thinks. hope your brother is planning for the worst and anything else is a bargain

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
I’m sure every £1 is taxed £1.50. Tax on tax like you said.
we go to work and get taxed 25% we need fuel in our cars taxed at around 70% mark up to government direct from the oil producer also when this fuel is sold vat tax added, we then need food taxed when shipped in to country and then vat added at sale, this food generates waste in many ways councils tax us to remove it,, water boards tax us to deal with human waste plus water,, electric companies do all that aswell we must maintain our car more tax in MOT and garage bills and parts,, then all the other stealth taxes that get added through life and then at end a death tax, even tax on oven or grave for final rest etc..
when we add electric cars to the wash there will be a problem for governments with losing about 50% of the tax a petrol car generates for their next stupid money losing ideas as fully electric dont wear out parts and service items like brakes last 100k easy plus not many moving parts etc,, so expect they will dream up a new way to remove what we all earn and find new reasons to blame other people for it etc.. so as long as anyone has a good life got food got somewhere to live etc its still better than most country's on most levels,, only thing i wish would change is they way that most people are all about what they can get than what they can do for anyone else. maybe this coronavirus stuff will wake a few people up ie we are all one bug away from losing everything maybe

·
TGMoCatKU
31 Posts
Hi guys

I am in the long winded process of registering my 2005 MINI Cooper S convertible- attached is a picture!

The car was originally from the Channel Islands and I am in the process of filling in the relevant forms (V55/5).

I was wondering if anybody could help by providing some technical information which can be found on the reverse of the V5 or logbook:

Type,variant, version, revenue weight(kg), CO2 g/km, max permissible mass, mass in service, sound levels (stationary, engine speed, drive-by), exhaust emissions (CO, HC, NOx) and any other data on particulates.

Many thanks
View attachment 277249
Just for information's sake, is the VAT paid on the original sales price or the price paid for a used vehicle?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts