MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May have been covered previously but unable to find a answer with Search, If you have Sat Nav and the Temperature drops below 3oC-I don't hear a Chime when this happens to alert that road may be icy. On my Prev Cooper without Sat Nav it did, can anyone confirm that this is apparant on all Sat Nav's?

Thanks Simon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
Hi Simon

My Aug 02 build MCS with satnav came with the 3 degrees C chime switched off, but it was one of the options offered when I got other settings changed.

Both Rita's Jan 03 and Aug 04 build MCs (without satnav) came with it switched on.

I thought that the default was "on" from Sept 02, irrespective of whether the car has nav. Maybe the previous owner of yours had it switched off?

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Do you really miss having that chime? You can have mine...I HATE the chime. Why would you need your car to tell you it's cold outside?? When the chime goes off, my first reaction is there's something wrong with the engine and it makes me mad. Shake my head everytime it goes off.
 

·
Looking good in MOC
Joined
·
141 Posts
The thing i dont get is, if you have your nav screen on computer, and then the temp drops below 3C.

The screen has 2 temp readings flashing aswell as one on the trip computer.

Is there really any need to tell me 3 times that the temp has dropped. 4 times if you include the chime.

Just my 2 pennies worth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
Mickey690 said:
The thing i dont get is, if you have your nav screen on computer, and then the temp drops below 3C.

The screen has 2 temp readings flashing aswell as one on the trip computer.

Is there really any need to tell me 3 times that the temp has dropped. 4 times if you include the chime.

Just my 2 pennies worth.
Older cars with nav don't have these luxuries, and OBC is a separate screen on nav.

As I mentioned before, Jan 03 and Aug 04 MC without nav came with chime switched on.

Although it didn't come as standard on my Aug 02 MCS it is switchable, along with things like follow-me-home, auto lock on starting, auto unlock on removing key and comfort opening (to replace remote tailgate release).

Different views from different people, that's why you can choose!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
interceptor said:
Is it something that can be turned off then or not?
Also why would you want to turn it off?! :confused:

I would want it off because when I hear the chime, I freak out thinking my something's wrong with my engine. I KNOW it's cold outside, I don't need my car to beep at me.

If it's possible to turn it off, I'm going to at my next dealer appointment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
MadisonMini said:
when I hear the chime, I freak out thinking my something's wrong with my engine.
My wife's MC is used to teach kids to drive. They really panic when they hear the chime!

BTW I never got it switched on when the other options were set on the MCS.
 

·
saving the world
Joined
·
2,985 Posts
RedMini is on the money I think - my Jul02 Build S never chimes below 3 degrees. I didn't know it was programmable though - thanks for the tip! (Not that it's below 3 degrees much in Sydney, Australia :D)
 

·
Rallye On Dude!
Joined
·
74 Posts
MadisonMini said:
Do you really miss having that chime? You can have mine...I HATE the chime. Why would you need your car to tell you it's cold outside?? When the chime goes off, my first reaction is there's something wrong with the engine and it makes me mad. Shake my head everytime it goes off.
Blimey mate, are you daft??? the car is trying to tell you its too cold to put the hodd down :D :D
 

·
Looking good in MOC
Joined
·
141 Posts
phoggberg said:
Blimey mate, are you daft??? the car is trying to tell you its too cold to put the hodd down :D :D
Well if that's the case it shouldnt chime until it reaches -5C as thats the limit that you can open and close the roof.

Bring on the snow at christmas, driving around in ski wear with top down :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Mine went off day before yesterday. I have an '05 MCS with nav. It flashed the temp in the display on the tach and chimed at me. It was telling me it was 30 degrees (F) outside. I live in Orlando, FL. 30 degrees IN FLORIDA!! Criminy! Man, I hope that is the last time I ever hear that little chime. My blood is too thin for those kind of temperatures.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top